newbie q's

outdooraddict

O K with not being able to find federal primers what is the next best primer? I have a 300 rum. also do you crimp and how do you set your dies to do so? I have rcbs dies full lenghth and neck for sizing I am using 200gr accubonds and retumbo.

I've used cci primers w/ good luck .

You need to have a crimping die -you'll not likely find many people crimping ammo here.
Just neck size your brass after shooting and you'll be fine.

I also use CCI primers with good success. Truth be told I have always used them instead of Federal and they have always worked great for me.

As for crimping. I have a crimp die for every caliber I reload for. I use the Lee Factory crimp dies, it is the only way to crimp. I manage to shoot under 1/2 moa with this crimping method and I don't hesitate to recommend it.

as mike said, most here don't crimp. RCBS bullet seating dies are crimping dies - years ago, I had very bad luck w/ crimping that they are hard to set right if you are new at it. The others are probably right that a crimping die is the way to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.