New Zealand Stag and Fallow

Nice shooting. Pretty sweet to get it on video. I know how that fallow deer feels. I was walking in Walmart looking at a hot chick that was in line and I walked right into a metal pole. If that wasn't bad enough, my wife asked me what I was looking at. I just said crazy Walmart people and thankfully she bought it.

What rifle and load were you using?

Nice shooting. Pretty sweet to get it on video. I know how that fallow deer feels. I was walking in Walmart looking at a hot chick that was in line and I walked right into a metal pole. If that wasn't bad enough, my wife asked me what I was looking at. I just said crazy Walmart people and thankfully she bought it.

What rifle and load were you using?

The Stag was 338 Lunatic 300 gr Berger(Cheytac wildcat) Fallow was a 7 Rem Mag. Got a Tahr also but didn't have time to get that one on film at 900 yds with the Lunatic also at a 20*+ angle. Nanny Tahr at 1100, Lunatic

Last edited:
Pretty sweet to see the vapor trails. Mike still makes fun of me for going to New Zealand 5 times now and never hunting. Maybe one day. I bet it was a pretty awesome experience.

nice shooting, who did you hunt with while you were over there?

Thanks. I have a couple business associates down there (Kiwi Greg and Greg Duley). We hunted public land for the Tahr (no helicopter) and a friend of his ranch for the Stag (no high fence)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.