NEW WILDCAT REPORT: 25 Stalker

Maybe I'm a little morbid but I'd sure like to see what that would do on a center of mass shot on a coyote inside 100yds! I think it's safe to say you've got the speed king of the 25's!

Thanks for the up-date FD,,, good on you for testing the limits...

I agree that you have your work cut out for you since its an art finding that happy middle ground,,, at least you've had a similar run at this you mentioned,,, good thing since some of those runs will carry over to this project...

My friend up here in our parts works along side of our barrel builder,,, the both of them combined make some spectacular rifles,,, of course they stick mostly to factory cartridges with a few proven wild-cats,,, they are pretty particular in their project like you FD,,, innovative ideas move the line in the sand...

I'm one of the few that reap the rewards of your folks hard and time consuming work,,, it is that part I'm thankful for...

Cheers from the North as I keep tabs on your project...

Don

I wanna see a hammer rip through something bigger like a deer just because they are softer than Barnes.

I have put 25 cal, 27 cal and 7mm Hammer Hunters through many big northern whitetails and they work extremely well. As mentioned, production 25 Stalkers will have a 7 twist designed for the 128 gr. Hammer.

I have put 25 cal, 27 cal and 7mm Hammer Hunters through many big northern whitetails and they work extremely well. As mentioned, production 25 Stalkers will have a 7 twist designed for the 128 gr. Hammer.
How it going to do with 110's?

Man that 25 stalker in the new xlr lightweight chassis would be a great packing rig.

Not really, there are better options. The lightweight XLR is 27 oz and that does not include grip or buttstock weight. I can get a mcmillan carbon game stalker in the 25 oz range for complete stock.

Plus, you ever handle an xlr in sub freezing temps..... i would bet my current rifle as it sits right now would be lighter then one fitted with the xlr lightweight carbon chassis.

Last outing before leaving monday morning. Tested from 175 to 847 yards. Learned plenty. Like mainly the 100 gr barnes ttsx falls on its face as far as BC past 700 yards.

All drops were dead on for first shot at 407, 610, 705.

Then 1/2-3/4 moa low at 760 yards.

At 847 yards impacts were 1 moa low. Groups were great, just bleeding BC dramatically past 100 yards. Thats fine for this rifle. Made up the offical drop chart for out to 700 yards and that will be my limit on this hunt.

A few years back, i saw this same thing with the 128 gr. Hammer Hunter bullets in my old 257 Allen Mag rifle. They started dropping off in BC at around the 1/2 mile mark.

I believe its just the nature of the beast when your using relatively lightweight solids in these smaller calibers. Just not enough mass to maintain BC at the longer ranges.

Have never seen this with the heavier barnes LRX or heavy Hammer Hunters, just in the smaller calibers.

Still, in this combo, at 700 yards, still packing over 2500 fps velocity and over 1500 ft/lbs of energy so should do just fine.

Here is a pic of the rifle.
99E6B67F-DDC6-421C-A5B8-602A2AB276F9.jpeg

Time to start packing and heading out Monday. Will not be a long trip, back by end of the week and back to work hammering out customer projects to be ready for this hunting season.

Last outing before leaving monday morning. Tested from 175 to 847 yards. Learned plenty. Like mainly the 100 gr barnes ttsx falls on its face as far as BC past 700 yards.

All drops were dead on for first shot at 407, 610, 705.

Then 1/2-3/4 moa low at 760 yards.

At 847 yards impacts were 1 moa low. Groups were great, just bleeding BC dramatically past 100 yards. Thats fine for this rifle. Made up the offical drop chart for out to 700 yards and that will be my limit on this hunt.

A few years back, i saw this same thing with the 128 gr. Hammer Hunter bullets in my old 257 Allen Mag rifle. They started dropping off in BC at around the 1/2 mile mark.

I believe its just the nature of the beast when your using relatively lightweight solids in these smaller calibers. Just not enough mass to maintain BC at the longer ranges.

Have never seen this with the heavier barnes LRX or heavy Hammer Hunters, just in the smaller calibers.

Still, in this combo, at 700 yards, still packing over 2500 fps velocity and over 1500 ft/lbs of energy so should do just fine.

Here is a pic of the rifle.
View attachment 149291

Time to start packing and heading out Monday. Will not be a long trip, back by end of the week and back to work hammering out customer projects to be ready for this hunting season.
Good luck!

That's a beaut Clark.!! Good luck
And heck be nice to that rifle and just slide it in the case with my .375 when your back and ship it this way. Lol

We could certainly do some dealing to make that happen, give you a great price as well!! I sell most of the rifles i take to Canada each year and most have less then 50 rounds down them and offer a good price cut on them as well!!