New to this

7 loader

I just got a horton explorer Xl 150 at auction fr $75. It needed some love but cleaned up well. I have never hunted archery because of a bad shoulder. is this a good entry crossbow?

All I know of Horton is that a buddy ordered one a few years back. It advertised a 330f/p/s rating. Upon arrival it only shot 285f/p/s. We sent it back! never gave it a chance to see how accurate it was....but for $75.00...hey that price is good....And I,ve killed MANY whitetails at way less than 285f/p/s!!!!So all & all you most likely got your moneys worth...GOOD LUCK HUNTIN'!!

I had to do corrosion control on the h/w and I removed the trigger assy to do the same. Nothing major. I did contact horton for a parts list on the sighting system and got it. I looks like I may be turkey hunting with it this year because I may need neck surgery. So this is all working out well. I do think I will get a better one in a yr. or two. and keep this one for my daughter. She is three and has to be in the middle of any game cleaning when I bring home deer and ducks. Very involved allready.

Good for you to give to daughter... I have a 5 yr old grandson who has been hunting with me since he was 3 yrs old. At 4 yrs old I started letting him take his RydRyder BB Gun and now you can"t tell him nothin!!! LOL....Get her in the woods and then they'll stay off the streets and in the woods instead!!! GREAT JOB!!!! DAD...what this world needs is more DADS!!!! That's why my grandson is always with me!!! His "dad" ain't worth nothin!!!!!!!!

She asked me to go hunting just the other day. Who am I to say no to that? So we are goin this weekend. Takin my first gun, a 410 and we'll go get some small game that is season.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.