New to the Hood and need opinions.

GTN

Well it looks like if there is a place for STW info this is it. So here is my story ya'll give me your opinons.

I stumbled up on a used Rem 700 at a deal with a Timmney trigger,an aftermarket barrel that is supposedly a Hart and action is supposed to be trued. Barrel is 26'', no clue the twist. So I pick up some 160 Nosler Accubond factory ammo and drop it in a HS Precision and go shooting. I shot 3 different 3 shot groups @ 100 Yards that you can cover with a penny. Didn't acctually measure them.

I would like to shoot a Berger out of this one because I have a 7mmRUM shooting the TTSX. Do you guy's think I should shoot the 140 or 168 VLD or the 168 Classic Hunter bullet they have. I will most likely never hunt with this gun where I can shoot over 500-600. I have used the Classic hunter on ther calibers and am very well satisified with accuracy and ease to find an accurate load. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.