New To Reloading: what else do I need?

gilmillan1

Hello guys,

well I am new to reloading and I am about to buy the equipment I need.

I decided to buy these two kits. Let me know if you think this is enough. I was a complete kit to do quality loads. I dont want to cut corners. I want to do it right. At the same time, I dont want to buy equipment that I dont really need.

I just need simple and effective equipment.

These is what I am planning on buying so far. Its the locknload classic deluxe reloading kit and the locknload precision reloaders accessory kit.

Do I need anything else?

Gilbert

Hornady® Lock-N-Load® Classic Deluxe Reloading Kit | Bass Pro Shops

Hornady® Lock-N-Load® Precision Reloaders Accessory Kit | Bass Pro Shops

With all due respect Gilbert, it's your money and you con do what you want. This is just my opinion.

Things you NEED to reload
A manual, press, set of dies, shellholder, priming tool, (if your press doesn't have one), chamfer/deburring tool, powder funnel, case lube, beam scale, caliper, reloading block and obviously components.

Things you SHOULD have
Another manual, primer pocket brush and uniform tool, flash hole deburrer, headspace gauge, case trimmer, bullet puller.

Things you'll WANT
Another manual, powder dump, Case tumbler/media separator.

Most of the above can be had for under $500 and you wont be cutting corners. By the time you add in components to your 2 kits you'll have well over $1000 in it.

Other things can be added for ease/speed or BR accuracy if you choose but the equipment above will make you more than adequate ammo.

The most important tool is you. Pay attention to detail and be consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.