New to board. hello all. already have questions.

JTURS

Hello everyone new to the board been a member on other long range shooting forums. I really like how this is geared for all long range shooting especially hunting. Plus the knowledge and experience I've read over months is awesome here. Anyways...

Currently in southern Az. Like to shoot longish range, and pistol, carbine shooting drills etc. Not a pro but not a novice either. I prefer longer range bolt action shooting. Been reloading for roughly 7 years now, pistol and precision rifle cartridges.

I joined cause soon I will be starting a thread with questions about a build I want to start. Never built a bolt rifle just accurized a few 700s and ARs. Looking to build a long range hunting light backpacking hunting rifle (deer & elk primarily). Don't have a big budget but hoping to build or buy/accurize a 280AI or 6.5 PRC. I would like to do it off a 700 platform but customs put it out of price range and factory actions are subpar as we all know. Maybe buy and slowly build why still being able to shoot it. Hoping to get 1/2moa or less. Should be doable I have a factory 700 action and barrel that shoots sub 1/2 after just a nice bedsing Job and lots of load development.

Anyways enough rambling see you all around.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.