New Scope

bedrok

https://nightforceoptics.com/nx8/nx8-25-20x50-f1

I'm sure a lot of you hunt in places where you might encounter a 50 yd snap shot or a 1000 yd shot in the same day. For years my scope of choice for those conditions has been a Nightforce 2.5 - 10 but for little critters at long ranges more magnification would be helpful.
Is it just me or is this the best scope for those conditions.

https://nightforceoptics.com/nx8/nx8-25-20x50-f1

I'm sure a lot of you hunt in places where you might encounter a 50 yd snap shot or a 1000 yd shot in the same day. For years my scope of choice for those conditions has been a Nightforce 2.5 - 10 but for little critters at long ranges more magnification would be helpful.
Is it just me or is this the best scope for those conditions.
Eight power might be a little high for a 50 yard shot my favorite scope for all around hunting is my NSX 5.5 x 22 x 56 that is just my opinion of the scopes that I have owned so far

I agree will Bill Cauley Jr. 8x minimum is too much mag for an all-around hunting rifle.
The NX8 2.5-20×50 would be a much better choice if you like the NX8 line.
I use a 3-15×50 for a lot of hunting. From 10 to 1500+. I shot my pronghorn this year at 445 on 7x.

The link the OP has posted is to the 2.5-20x50. I guess I am not seeing where the 8 power minimum is coming from. I do agree that the 2.5-20x50 may be the best all around scope possible. If fact I am currently in the process of selling things I really like in order to potentially purchase one in MOA with MOAR ret.

I agree will Bill Cauley Jr. 8x minimum is too much mag for an all-around hunting rifle.
The NX8 2.5-20×50 would be a much better choice if you like the NX8 line.
I use a 3-15×50 for a lot of hunting. From 10 to 1500+. I shot my pronghorn this year at 445 on 7x.

Don't know where that link led you but it IS the 2.5 - 20

I have to figure out what the little handle sticking out of the zoom ring is. If it's essential and not removable it could be a problem

I have to figure out what the little handle sticking out of the zoom ring is. If it's essential and not removable it could be a problem
It is a throw lever to make it faster and easier to adjust zoom on the fly for tactical applications and it is removable. It screws in and out.

Comparing the price, I could spend that much or more on a vortex that experience tells me will have to be replaced every year or two, so it's not so bad from that perspective

I have a couple of 5-25x52 Swaros. The 5x on the bottom has never been a problem but I don't use these rifles "in the woods". I've got plenty of shorter range rifles with low power scopes for that.

I haven't been keeping up. A few years ago Nightforce started making some of their scopes in China. I had heard they're all back to US made now. Is that true?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.