New scope

Bob S.

I just ordered my new scope from quality optics.
IOR 2.5x10x42 tactical with illum mp8 reticle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I will let you guys know when it arrives. I can't believe how excited I am being a 44 yr old kid an all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jim Maloney at quality optics was a pleasure to deal with although I really didn't ask any questions because I already had all the info from this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jim Maloney at quality optics was a pleasure to deal with although I really didn't ask any questions because I already had all the info from this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim's an outstanding vendor and person.
Let us know how you like the scope. I had the same setup, but my MP8 wasn't lit...sakofan...Good shooting!

Got it in the mail today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Awesome scope. I can't wait to get to the range. I'll have to wait till the sun goes down some to really check out the lighted reticle.

Cowboy,

After you settle down a bit (BTW your excitment @ 44 lasts until at least 62 so get used to it) let me know about how you feel about the MP8 vs straight Mil Dot. I'm thinkin' it gives just a little more resolution when trying to figure something other than half of a mil when your shootin' out there aways.

Our landscape must be about the same. I'm probably just a bit south of you.

I have no stomach,yet, for doing the click thing.

That's probably the next scope on my list just because of the MP 8 ret.

Good luck

Roy - You are not too far from me. I'm south of Missoula Montana about 60 miles. Used to be pretty forrested here but the fires in 2000 took care of that. We do have some open areas where a bullet can stretch its legs. We also have some good bowhunting areas where a 40 yd shot is impossible to find. I'll keep you posted on the mp8 but I think I'm gonna like it. It definately has smaller increments than a standard mil dot but it is not busy either.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.