New scope for .284 build 100-800m

Gspkora

Hi
I'm after some input on a scope to put on my 284win
That I am in process of building.
It is going on a tikka t3 lite and it will be used for hunting deer in close scrub and In the open out to 800m.
So because it is used up close I want a max on the low end of 3x and at least 10x in the high end and I don't want tall exposed turrents but i still want repeatable turrents and good glass also it has to be easy to get in behind not sensitive like my zeiss conquest.I have a $800 budget am thinking vx3i or zeiss coquest hd5 or vortex viper is
what are your thoughts.

If you are considering vortex, take a look at the razor hd lh. It's can be had in your price range, no tall turrets and is repeatable. would be my choice vs a viper

How does the reticle go in low light as that's what is putting me off the viper a bit as it seems to be hard to pick up and is the glass as good as the hd5

I guess I am not much of a "low light hunter" meaning I never placed my reticle against a animal to see how visible it was. However, I did use my razor instead of binos multiple times glossing hillsides for elk and it worked great at that.

I would say the glass is every bit as good as the zeiss, if you search the boards here there is a pretty long discussion on these scopes and was often compared to the Swarovski Z5.

Hi
I'm after some input on a scope to put on my 284win
That I am in process of building.
It is going on a tikka t3 lite and it will be used for hunting deer in close scrub and In the open out to 800m.
So because it is used up close I want a max on the low end of 3x and at least 10x in the high end and I don't want tall exposed turrents (???) but i still want repeatable turrents and good glass also it has to be easy to get in behind not sensitive like my zeiss conquest.I have a $800 budget am thinking vx3i or zeiss coquest hd5 or vortex viper is
what are your thoughts.

You can get the scope in the video below for <$700 (Classic | SWFA) and they are a lot of scope for the money ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/9fe4l_CAthI?t=7[/ame]

One scope I feel gets over looked a lot of the time is the sightron siii. Pretty good glass, tracks well, tough. Good luck

So I went to the shop looked through two leupolds a vx3i 3.5-10x40 , and a 4.5-14x40 one vortex a hslr 4-16x44
And a s111 3.5-10x44 and looked into a dark corner and up the road and in those conditions the leupold and s111 had the best light gathering
With the vortex a bit duller also the leupold had the best reticle (duplex) in the low light . the sightron had the best resolution in my eyes with leupold in a close second
The vortex was disapointing
The turrents in the vortex was my favourite they felt nice and the markings where clear the s111 also felt nice but the colour was not great and the cds where fine just not as good as the other two I expect all 3 to track well .
Leopold was nice and light which is a big plus and the cds
turrents where nice and low( good for pushing through the tight stuff ) the magnification range on the vortex was a big plus and if the glass was better and if the reticle didn't disappear in low light I would of taken it home with me i wish leupold made a vx4 with a better zoom range inbetween a vx3 and vx6 so now im stuck between a s111 and vx3 still to look at a zeiss which I will do next week.

So I went to the shop looked through two leupolds a vx3i 3.5-10x40 , and a 4.5-14x40 one vortex a hslr 4-16x44
And a s111 3.5-10x44 and looked into a dark corner and up the road and in those conditions the leupold and s111 had the best light gathering
With the vortex a bit duller also the leupold had the best reticle (duplex) in the low light . the sightron had the best resolution in my eyes with leupold in a close second
The vortex was disapointing
The turrents in the vortex was my favourite they felt nice and the markings where clear the s111 also felt nice but the colour was not great and the cds where fine just not as good as the other two I expect all 3 to track well .
Leopold was nice and light which is a big plus and the cds
turrents where nice and low( good for pushing through the tight stuff ) the magnification range on the vortex was a big plus and if the glass was better and if the reticle didn't disappear in low light I would of taken it home with me i wish leupold made a vx4 with a better zoom range inbetween a vx3 and vx6 so now im stuck between a s111 and vx3 still to look at a zeiss which I will do next week.

Oftentimes, end-users must have to make the best compromise for their intended purpose, preference, eye sight, etc ..., "we" can only make recommendations.

Good luck!

Check out the 3-15x50 Burris Veracity

I have the 4-20 and very pleased with it. It's on my .270 AI and my son (first time behind the trigger) shot a target at 936 yards a couple of days ago.

Glass is very good, crisp and clear for my old eyes and tracks very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.