new rockchuck rig

Rogue Hunter

Rear grip XP-100 chambered in .20 VT. McGowan 11 twist barrel, McMillan stock and NF SHV 4-14 W/MOAR reticle.

First group after break in with 39 gr SBK @ 100 yards. Was shooting in the .2's with Hornady 32 gr. V-maxes.

Come on Spring time!gun)

-Mike

I wanna go. My 22-250 Striker is gathering dust in the closet.

Wish you were closer. Anyone going to West Texas chuck hunting?

Larry
Tinkerer

Larry,
All you have to do is show up. I'll take you chuck hunting:D Dust the .22-.250 off and you are good to go!
Would be a nice "road trip" for you!

-Mike

Yes, its ONLY about 1200 miles.

I understand they show up in Lubbock (350 miles) and OK as well.

Next time.

Larry
Tinkerer

Nice looking and shooting rig. I used to do a lot of chuck shooting here in the Mountains of TN but it is hard to find a chuck any place except in town or really close to somebodies house these days due to the coyotes. They have eaten them all along with any wandering house cat and little dog. I used a Contender pistol in 223 for a while and had a blast with it. I have a wildcat 14" Contender barrel in 6mm-225 Win. I picked up from an estate sale that came on a Contender pistol along with the dies and a 45/410 and 357 mag 10" barrels very reasonable. The 6mm-225 really shoots with the discontinued 80 grs Sierra SSP at 2800 fps. Shot a few deer with it but I am planning on giving it a try on some of the chuck eating coyotes soon. :D

The 20 VT is quickly becoming my favorite P Dog rifle calibre. Crazy accurate, minimum recoil and plenty of devastation.

very nice rig have a 35rem that is going to become something in a 6mm or 6.5mm very soon

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts