1092 yard Rockchuck

tt35

Well, over Spring Break my son, Ben, did it again. He shot this rockchuck at 1092 yards. It was in danger from the first shot but shot number four proved fatal. The range was taken with a Vectronix PLRF05. Ben dialed 27 MOA of elevation and two minutes of wind. He was the first 'chuck of the year. Pretty crazy.

1092YardRockchuck4_zps27f9f79c.jpg

My frustration at the 1080 yard rim put this rockchuck in danger at 420. He's probably wishing I had connected at the far rim. :rolleyes:

420YardRockchuck_zps11f1a7c2.jpg

Unfortunately my lovely state, Colorado, has become a den of liberals. Our 'chucks now have a season, a daily limit of 2, and because they are classed a game animal, we are required to eat them. Now I will admit I've eaten quite a few since this stupid legislation was put into place, and they are pretty good if you cook 'em right.
I'm envious. I'm checking out states closer to me, Wyoming and Utah, to see what their regs. are.
If my wife was willing, I would leave this place and go to Wyoming.
Love this state, hate the politics and politicians we now have working so hard to !uck it all up.

Colorado is a lovely state. It seems the lovelier the state, the more likely it is to be invaded by the Green Regime. California has been there for decades and Montana is going the same route as the East Slope. The west side of Oregon is in the same boat. I feel your pain, man.

We tried rockchuck once.... :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.