New rifle build

Dcoll

I am looking to have a custom rifle built. Plan to build a good all around set up for elk and deer hunting. I like what I have seen from R Bros Rifles. Does anyone have experience with them? If so what are your thoughts?
Also looking for caliber remomendations. I am thinking a 7mm or 30 cal.

I am looking to have a custom rifle built. Plan to build a good all around set up for elk and deer hunting. I like what I have seen from R Bros Rifles. Does anyone have experience with them? If so what are your thoughts?

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

It boils down to personal preference between the two chamberings.

The .300 WM is my go to chambering from antelope to elk size game up to 1K yards. Load it with 215 Berger and you're golden. This combination is hard to beat, check out this impressive real world success ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

If you do a custom query on the top right corner, you'll find many happy and satisfied R Bros Rifles customers.

Good luck on your upcoming build.

Cheers!

Ed

A 26" 7mm RemMag with a #4 Bartlein (fluted) 1:8 twist and Berger 180-195 Hybrids will be a solid rifle for anything in N. America from mice to moose. :cool:

You can't go wrong with RBROS in my opinion. Travis built me a 6.5X47 last year. Answered all my questions and communication was excellent. Finished the build a month sooner than what I was told. It is also EXTREMELY ACCURATE. I agree with FEENIX on the 300 WM and 215 Berger. Run them at nearly 3000 fps and they are hard to beat.

What ever you decide , If it were me I would gather all my parts and have someone assemble them and chamber your barrel. Custom Bat action , Jewell trigger , Kreiger barrel ,McMillan stock, Nightforce scope for example or whatever you decide as this would be a really nice setup.

I have both a 7RM and a 300WM built by Travis -- Rbros. Both rifles are far more accurate than I am. You will hear arguments for both but don't sweat your decision too long because either will serve you well. My 7mag has put down 3 whitetail, 3 trophy aoudad, and 4 pigs this fall. The only one that took a second step was a very large pig and it was my fault (bad wind call). Those 180 hybrids are devastating! My 300 has been one one management hunt and the 215 hybrids were hammers! It's gonna see more use in the future as my 7mag is going to my son. Just pick one and don't look back. Rbros is good to go!!

Travis builds great guns, I had him build a 6.5 saum and it shoots great! He responded quickly to emails and phone calls. Best communication I've had from a gunsmith, and that's from 3 different smiths. I have a 7mm and a 300 and will probably sell them and have Rbros build me a 300wm when the time comes. Your definitely headed in the right direction, good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts