New Rifle Build

xFREDRICKx

Hi,

So i have a new custom barrel that was handed down to me from a friend that changed his mind on his build. never been fired but is already threaded to a 700 rem action. Can i still blueprint my action even though it is already threaded?

Most of the time when a gunsmith blueprints an action he/she cuts bigger threads. A gunsmith can cut the same Remington threads into the action when it is blueprinted.

Most of the time when a gunsmith blueprints an action he/she cuts bigger threads. A gunsmith can cut the same Remington threads into the action when it is blueprinted.

So they can go through and clean up the threads inside the action without changing the dims and thread count?

So they can go through and clean up the threads inside the action without changing the dims and thread count?

Yes, they can just clean up the threads or they can cut them bigger. If your barrel is already threaded just let your gunsmith know. Better to send them both the barrel and action to fit them together.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.