New Remington Steel loads

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Greg Duerr, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Greg Duerr

Greg Duerr Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the New Remington Sonic velocity steel loads...... I saw that the listed velocity is 1700 fps with 1 1/4 oz loads.....................Sounds like a winner.

I use to load 1 1/8th oz steel loads that has a veloctiy of 1710 and they worked super for ducks.

I also heard that they were coming out with a hyper velocity load for the 20ga.

G

2. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

I've used it for geese. works great early in the season, when birds are "dumb" no lead required to make good hits, BUT it dumps speed FAST !
    not to good later when birds want to hang up farther out.

3. Greg Duerr

Greg Duerr Well-Known Member

Good point ......................steel is 30% lighter so, your right they do loose speed fast.

Thanks

4. mtnman375

mtnman375 Member

dont do it its trap hyersteel sucks it has a ton of recoil and it doent pattern worth a crap most of the time it only gets 25% or less of the payload to paper at 40yds and seen just about any thing and every thing pettern better than that stuff even the 10 doller a box stuff so i was you i would go out and pattern your gun and see that its doin with the cheap stuff

5. Adjanti

Adjanti Member

I found that i can miss with those as well as i can any other load. I didn't kill better or more birds than with regular loads.

6. joseph floerke

joseph floerke Well-Known Member

They are awesome i love them when i can find them.

7. TexGunslinger

TexGunslinger Member

If i can find them ill shoot them all day long. But the problem is that no one around where i live knows what to order the right shells for waterfowl. we do a lot of hunting over decoys and 4shot works perfect. the 1700fps does wonders IMO.