New Mexico Draw Results are in

Some people on the internet are super mad that they didn't draw anything and want to go to a point based system. I sure hope that never happens. This state is about the only place everyone has an equal chance of drawing a tag in a really good unit. Whether you are resident or non-resident. I understand that the non residents have a much smaller chance. But if we went to a point system, after a while people would be waiting 20 years to draw a good unit.

Been trying to get an outstate elk tag in NM for 6 yrs now with no luck. :( My youngest stepson lives in Bloomfield NM. Between him, his wife, and boy. They get an elk tag every year. They've got 2 oryx tags in the last couple of years.

Thought this was fitting for all of those people griping and wanting to go to a point system because they were mad that they didn't draw.

Attachments

• 80219666-7651-465A-BDBD-222F3E4949F7.jpeg
    80219666-7651-465A-BDBD-222F3E4949F7.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 152
If I really wanted a specific tag, I'd buy a land owner tag. I'm beginning to realize, I'll never draw an on-range tag. So I may start looking for surrounding areas.

Bummer; I didn't draw anything.
Me neither, nor my wife, my dad, or my youngest son. Our life-long NM family was "goose-egged" for third consecutive year and we all applied for multiple species. No deer, No antelope, No elk, No barbary, No Oryx. Maybe I should move out of New Mexico to have a chance to hunt here? Anyway, good luck on your hunt, Liddy! There are some "biggins" out there this year.