new member/savage 111

beakus33

hello to all,just found this site a few days ago and just traded for a savage 111, i need to learn all there is to about it and start it on its way to a distance shooter. any info and links would be great thanks, john

I can't really tell, I went threw the savage web site but couldn't find one that matches. It looks like a hunter but I couldn't find anything with iron sites I might see if I can snoop arrant the bew and find a site that uses # to tell me what it is.

If it has iron sights, it is probably the one of the plain jane similar to the Stevens 200.

Was possibly a package rifle. Does it have a scope mounted?

Probably- blue, non-accutrigger, sporter barrel, non-accustock?

Is the rear bridge flat or round?

When you remove the stock, does the mag box stay with the action or the stock?

What caliber is it?

I can't really tell, I went threw the savage web site but couldn't find one that matches. It looks like a hunter but I couldn't find anything with iron sites I might see if I can snoop arrant the bew and find a site that uses # to tell me what it is.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

The new Hog Hunter (Savage Arms) is the only 111 that shows an iron sight and is available in .223 Rem, .308, Win, and .338 Win. In addition to the above, post some pictures so we can help you identify what you have.

I think ur right its the plain jane, i think he got it at gander mnt. With a simmons scope. It has a flat rear bridge, no accue anything, blued barrel, 300 win. mag. Kinda what i was after, a good action with a lot of potental for a new stock, trigger, barrel.

Flat rear would also mean that it is a stagger feed action. That means that the mag box is attached to the action.

Great platform to start swapping barrels.:D

thanks for all of the info guys,its the little things that i need to know. i did measure the bolts and its a 5.062" space.so what i'm thinking is that the larger spacing is for the mag. rounds?i thought that i read somewhere that the tripple didget numbers means something to this affect.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts