Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LSOSNIPER308, May 15, 2009.

1. LSOSNIPER308

LSOSNIPER308 New Member

Hello all,

I am new to this forum as I just found out about it on snipershide.com. I've been on the hide for a few years and I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing whay knowledge I have about long range hunting and shooting.

Regards,
    Chuck

2. JEREMY logan

JEREMY logan Guest

Welcom to long range hunting lsosniper308 i look forward to learning all i can i would like to see a real sniper join this forum and explain the mathematical formulas it takes to make long range hits. For example how the army/navey/marines teaches you guys . Anyway this is a great site i've had several guys help me out ..

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Chuck. Thanks for joining us.

4. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

Chuck,
    Welcome to LRH. There is a great group of guys here and we look forward to your participation.
    E

5. LSOSNIPER308

LSOSNIPER308 New Member

Thanks for the welcom guys. Jeremy, I'm not a military sniper, I'm a Law Enforcement sniper. The formulas are the same though. I have them in my data book and I'll post them here for you as soon as I get a chance. If you're using a mil dot reticle for range estimation that formula is: size of target in inches X 27.778 divided by the number of mils it takes to cover the target = distance to target in yards. I'll get the rest of them to you.

6. JEREMY logan

JEREMY logan Guest

Thank you officer that would be great:)