NEW McMmillan game warden MAX

My current build components come in under 7 lbs also. With scope, under 8 barely

This is how mine is shaping up as a bare rifle. That's a Game Hunter Edge, and an unchambered and uncrowned 6.5mm 22" Sendero Lite so several oz will come off of that weight.

ab86d000e28e1f09372a369b05f50a03.jpg

Last edited:
My current build components come in under 7 lbs also. With scope, under 8 barely
I think mine was 6lbs 13ounces with no scope, which I was very happy with as it was replacing a 10.5lb 7mm LRM. I did have the Edge fill in my stock as well. I could have gone with lighter rings and scope but I was already saving about 3lbs. So I went for the higher power. I added a pict of the rifle I am discussing. This was a rare Javelina hunt with snow in Southern AZ.

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_094701.jpg
    IMG_20190223_094701.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
This is how mine is shaping up as a bare rifle. That's a Game Hunter Edge, and an unchambered and uncrowned 6.5mm 22" Sendero Lite so several oz will come off of that weight.

ab86d000e28e1f09372a369b05f50a03.jpg
That's gonna be a great build. I really like shooting the Game Hunter I have. What cartridge are you going with? I used a 26in Sendero for a 6.5 PRC, so I have a slightly heavier result, but it turned out great and is accurate beyond what I'd hoped for.

I think mine was 6lbs 13ounces with no scope, which I was very happy with as it was replacing a 10.5lb 7mm LRM. I did have the Edge fill in my stock as well. I could have gone with lighter rings and scope but I was already saving about 3lbs. So I went for the higher power.
Sure wanted to go to the scope with a bit more top end magnification but I know Leupold's are great glass and at 15X I'll be fine out to 1000 easily. Went with the 19oz VX5 HD 3-15x44. Haven't used it but it sure looks clear.

That's gonna be a great build. I really like shooting the Game Hunter I have. What cartridge are you going with? I used a 26in Sendero for a 6.5 PRC, so I have a slightly heavier result, but it turned out great and is accurate beyond what I'd hoped for.

Plan is a 6.5x47 Lapua for deer hunting and maybe some antelope in the future.

Nice set up. Post finished pics. Love seeing other guys builds.

Will do, hope to get the parts to my builder once all of this COVID-19 stuff clears out.

Sure wanted to go to the scope with a bit more top end magnification but I know Leupold's are great glass and at 15X I'll be fine out to 1000 easily. Went with the 19oz VX5 HD 3-15x44. Haven't used it but it sure looks clear.

I have a couple of those, they are really nice scopes. Both of mine went 19.8 oz. That is the likely candidate for my build that I posted, wrapped in some Hawkins LR Hybrids.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.