New M700VSF 308 close groups

MagTen

We went to range today and I fired about 10-15 rounds of light reloads thru gun. Cleaning the bore about every 3 shots. I then shot 6 shot groups using 155gr. A-Max using Varget, 4166 and BLC2. I was amazed at tightness and 3 different powders giving about same groups. It took a month and nearly 100 shots to get this size groups from my M750 308.

A-Max(1).jpg

A-Max(2).jpg

A-Max(3).jpg

Below is 150 grain ABs.

A-Max(4).jpg

A-Max(5).jpg

Try the Berger 168 VLD's backed by 44 grains of Varget with a Fed 210M primer. Seat the bullets to 2.200" from base to ogive measured with a Hornady comparator tool.

This seems to be a fairly accurate load in all .308 Win rifles that I've seen. It shoots 1-ragged hole groups in mine.

Did you do these groups with the factory stock? Mine shot terrible until I put a Bell and Carlson on it. Now it shoots 168 Bergers into very small groups. 46 grains of Varget and Rem primers, 2830 FPS.

Did you do these groups with the factory stock? Mine shot terrible until I put a Bell and Carlson on it. Now it shoots 168 Bergers into very small groups. 46 grains of Varget and Rem primers, 2830 FPS.

My gun is factory stock. I did not get as good a groups using a bipod. I built wooden stand out of 4x6 and used sandbag on top and moved supported point back about 8"s on the gun.

2nd, third and fifth photo were under 1".

Dime-size.jpg
[/IMG]

I think I have zeroed down two good powders and the use of Barnes 308 168 grain TTSX.
Group on top center was 44 grains 4320 and loads on bottom left is 46 grains BLC2.
308-4320.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts