New light weight Creed

snox801

So I made the leap with my father and brother. I wanted a light weight hunting rig that was shorter as all my stuff has long tubes. so here is the finale result.
TI action, bolt firing pin, and recoil lug. As I added up parts I was under 5 lbs and I wanted to be one that for more ease of long shots so I went with a bit heavier stock and upgrade to to the bit heavier proof barrel.

Attachments

• Ti Rifle.jpg
    Ti Rifle.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 94
So far the eh5 feels great. I won't be able to post targets for a bit as it's my busy season at work. Plus i would more than likely be embarrassed with my groups compared to what others on here are capable of. I will post groups this fall when I slow down and get time. I'm super impressed with it so far.

Got the scope mounted today. It was raining so I could get a great picture. This thing is so light compared to all my others even scope it's less almost all the rifles cabelas had. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 73
nox,

Very nice rig. I want a 3 lug titanium action in a CF stock and a Proof Research barrel. Looks like you have all that except maybe the 3rd lug. Having trouble locating a reliable 3 lug ti bolt.

Right now this is my 6.5 CM rifle:

1. 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator
2. Timney trigger
3. Boyd's laminated stock (1 lb. heavier than the Ruger plastic stock - for coyote and antelope hunts.)
4. Savage 110 metal trigger guard (Exactly replaces the Boyd's el Cheapo plastic guard.)
5. flush cup sling swivels & Magpul modular sling
6. SWFA 3 - 15 x 42 scope (FFP, mil/mil, side focus)
7. Ruger plastic stock forearm stiffened with "JB Welded" aluminum arrow shaft. Ruger stock is for high altitude hunts.

Eric B.

Looks like you have all that except maybe the 3rd lug. Having trouble locating a reliable 3 lug ti bolt.Eric B.

I called Fierce yesterday about their three lug titanium action. It comes with trigger and bottom metal. If he didn't make a mistake it cost about $1,300. They told me their trigger is made in house and cannot be set belew two pounds.

nox,

Very nice rig. I want a 3 lug titanium action in a CF stock and a Proof Research barrel. Looks like you have all that except maybe the 3rd lug. Having trouble locating a reliable 3 lug ti bolt.

Right now this is my 6.5 CM rifle:

1. 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator
2. Timney trigger
3. Boyd's laminated stock (1 lb. heavier than the Ruger plastic stock - for coyote and antelope hunts.)
4. Savage 110 metal trigger guard (Exactly replaces the Boyd's el Cheapo plastic guard.)
5. flush cup sling swivels & Magpul modular sling
6. SWFA 3 - 15 x 42 scope (FFP, mil/mil, side focus)
7. Ruger plastic stock forearm stiffened with "JB Welded" aluminum arrow shaft. Ruger stock is for high altitude hunts.

Eric B.

Sweet it's my first 6.5 but I got my dad a Shaw custom 6.5 for Christmas and a Burris eliminator scope for it. I'm hoping that can get him to 600 on game and 800 on steel.
So I wanted to be able to have one box of factory for back up for both of us. Plus he's getting up in age and he can't enjoy his 300 win mag anymore.

Sorry for not knowing but what is the three lug for. Is it similar to Roy's with less bolt throw?

Sorry for not knowing but what is the three lug for. Is it similar to Roy's with less bolt throw?

Yes. Less bolt lift and one test I read showed there is less tendency for out of square heads to cause fliers. For those who like a really low scope, the three lug give more room between the bolt and the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.