New Leupold RX 1500 Range finder

Links,
Not tyring to step on any toes, I just wanted to let folks know there are options other than ebay. I have not heard much good about "Leupolds great sin" either (sorry). Seriously check out http://www.samplelist.com and no, I dont work for them, just found a good thing and wanted to share.
~z

Buster, If you would, let me (us) know what they (SWFA)offer on that. I have bought from them but never did the trade app. I have a few things kicking around here I may want to trade up for a good spotting scope.

Links, Glad to hear. Being the new guy round here, I'd hate to start off by stepping on any toes. I have a leica 1200 scan (after several lesser LRF) and could not be happier.

Glad to hear your happy with your 1200. I Am getting laid off for 2 weeks, so un-employment office here i come.. I think i will go camping and turkey hunting.

Leupold scopes are well known and respected by many.
The problem with the RX series is that Leupold's intention was to compete with the Nikon Bushnell market, not Swarovski and Leica.
Our expectations based on Leupold scopes have disappointed many because we are expecting more out of the RX that it is capable of.

JD338

Exactly. Don't put B.S. on the box if the unit is not capable. For example like 1500 yards reflective ranging. They should be sued for putting out such a terrible product and false advertisement.

[ QUOTE ]
Buster, If you would, let me (us) know what they (SWFA)offer on that. I have bought from them but never did the trade app. I have a few things kicking around here I may want to trade up for a good spotting scope.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah just recieved my form application results from SWFA, they will only give me $275 for an almost $500 rangefinder, they know its junk too, apparently.

[ QUOTE ]
"... Yeah just received my form application results from SWFA, they will only give me $275 for an almost $500 rangefinder, they know its junk too, apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly...

You gotta remember that optics have a big mark up, so your $500 rangefinder probably cost them around $300-$350, so they can't give you as much for a used one as they pay for a new one.

That's why it's Soooo important to check this stuff out before you throw your money around.

Ask a lot of questions, spend once!

To be constantly upgrading on badd stuff is a very expensive way to learn.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.