New Leupold RX 1500 Range finder

wildcat

Hey guys, I've been reading a lot about the new Leupold RX 1500 Range finder. It sounds really good with the angel range finding capability. Is anyone, on this site, using this range finder. I believe the price is around $450 to $550.

I've owned the Swaro 8x30 Laser Guided 1500 Range finder and it was awesome. I've also owned a pair of Busnell 1000 Yardage pro and they were good. Can you guys give me a comparison between the above mentioned range finders. I 've heard, from some, that the Leupolds are really good, however, I would like to here from people on this site. I am going to need a range finder, I just don't want to pay $889 for them. The Bushnell, I owned, worked well out to 1000 yards, and I only paid about $350.00. I wish I would have kept those. I am thinking about buying them again. However, if the Leupolds are as good as I am hearing, I will spend a little extra.

Jake

It is a piece of [censored]!!! Excuse My language but it is. Don't even look at one there garbage. I had 2 rx 4's and I was luck to get them to 900 yards reflective. And the glass oh how horrible it was. Sort of like looking through a coke bottle. Don't think I'm joking I'm not. I guess this is what you get when you farm stuff out to china. Shame on you leupold. I love your scopes but the rangfinders are junk.

lm,
My RX-IV fared better than your two in it's abiity to range. I easily ranged beyond 1K on high reflectivity objects. And it did fine in the field in the 700+ yard range. MAybe some further but we didn't write it down. We were hunting elk and deer and we had both the Swaro and the Leupold.
Optics, yes defintely lower than Leica or Swaro's.

wildcat,
We have had discussions before about rifle scopes, you live in Nightforce myopia and I live in Leupold myopia. with that said linksmechanic hit the nail on the head, there rangefinders are an embarrassment to the proud Leupold tradition. for some of the ranges you are planning to shoot with your new rifles the Swaro is the only laser you should look at, for ranges past laser pick up a WILD before they are all gone.
UB

Maybe, I will just go with the Swaro. I've had one before and it was awesome. I just would like to find a decent rangefinder for a decent price but it looks like I am going to be spending $889.00 for the Swaro's.

Wildcat

Wildcat if you want to range things to 1k and beyond go with the Swaro.
Contact Bill Bailey or Lerch as they had Swaro just a pinch over $800 shipped when I got mine.

I have heard many reports of the new, newcon 2000 ranging every bit as good(even better in some cases) than the swaro, but at roughly half the price! I doubt the glass is as good, but the reports on ranging abilities have all been the same,
Cdog.

IM REALLY torqued off I bought the RX-IV instead of the Lieca I feel like such a sucker. Chineese built, to many modes (better take the manual with you)and worst of all..I have trouble reading non-reflective past 400 most of the time, and sometimes I can get reflective readings at 600. I am so dissapointed. Only once have a got a 1000yard reading, on a huge reflective street sign. Much good thats going to do me hunting. My vote don't buy.Oh and try to EMAIL Leupold your opinion, they gave me an email address that dosnt work. Seems they dont want to hear it.

Buster, Check out the link above, these folks do trades too. Contact them, they may take your junker in on a trade for a Leica. Worth a try.
~z

[ QUOTE ]
.222: I bout fell off my chair when you said junker!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not heard of one person that was happy with the Leupold LRF's - any of them.

I have a couple of bushnell's that work pretty well, and a military AN/GVS-5 for the really long stuff - I use it with a 50BMG.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts