Leupold RX 1000i DNA Range Finder

Greg Duerr

Does anyone own or have you used the new Leupold RX 1000i DNA range finder.....................I talked yesterday with a salesman at the Reno Scheels store that thought a lot about them and at $400 he thought they were equal to the Leica 1000

???

I can't directly compare the range finder with many others I have looked through but I can say mine does a great job. I got the TBR version so that it will estimate a true ballistic range based on angle. I compared it with other specifications and it looked good so I went for it. It has done a very good job so far but I have not challenged it yet. For the price I think it is great.

I am a huge leupold fan,and as bad as I wish they could build a quality RF, I would have to say that all of the ones I have tried including the RX1000, do not compare to the leica or even the bushnell (which I have never been a big fan of)

I might have looked at the TBR as the salesman mentioned that the rangefinder calculates for angle. In his opinion your paying for the optics in the Leica $200 differance. For me right now a 500 yards shot would be a really long shot.
I was antelope hunting last week and shot a good buck that for me was a long shot....................275 yards.. So 500 yards is way way out there. Im still learning about reflective and non reflective, fog, rain, snow etc..........lightbulb

I am a huge leupold fan,and as bad as I wish they could build a quality RF, I would have to say that all of the ones I have tried including the RX1000, do not compare to the leica or even the bushnell (which I have never been a big fan of)

So in your opinion you cant go wrong with buying the Leica? There is a Leica 1000, 1200, 1600 What distance will these RF give a reading on Game animals?

What makes the Leica RF that much better?

Will the Leupold give accurate readings out to 600yards:"?

I can't directly compare the range finder with many others I have looked through but I can say mine does a great job. I got the TBR version so that it will estimate a true ballistic range based on angle. I compared it with other specifications and it looked good so I went for it. It has done a very good job so far but I have not challenged it yet. For the price I think it is great.

Im where your at .............the only thing that would make the one better than the other would be its ability to range, accuratly, non-reflective objects like deer at longer range. Im new to this so 600 yard shot would be a long long shot for me................................Im not there yet so right now I would have to say that the Leupold 1000 would give me everything I need.

I would have to guess that for a lot of guys that are skilled at longer shots the Leica would give them the readings they need at really long distances.

I have used Leupold, Bushnell, Leica and Swarovski. Every Leupold has been crap. Best fo the bunch are Swarovski and Leica. Bushnell comes next and I would never consider buying a leupold RF.

Wasn't this question answered sufficiently in your previous thread?

No is was not.................................................

So what Leica would you recomend? ? I see that there is the 1600,1200,1000 whats ranges will they give for non reflective targets like deer. Do they all calculate for angle ? What Bushnell model do you like the best?

Greg

No is was not.................................................

So what Leica would you recomend? ? I see that there is the 1600,1200,1000 whats ranges will they give for non reflective targets like deer. Do they all calculate for angle ? What Bushnell model do you like the best?

Greg

For any brand of range finder, I would recommend the one that will range the farthest distance. As soon as you buy one that will range "as far as you're willing to shoot" you will want to start ranging objects beyond your shooting ability. As a result, cry once and buy once. buy the best you can get. I learned this when I initially bought a Bushnell 800. It ranged nicely to about 600 yards. Sure enough, soon after that, i wanted to be able to range 1760 (1 mile). As a result, I bought the Swarovski. Have had no troubles with it ranging beyond a mile.

Treebark

Yes, your right about that.........................save up and buy the best. If you cant buy the best right now save up ..........

What is your opinion on the Leica 1600 I've read good things about it.
Its the one I have been leaning towards............

How did you make out with that huge storm that hit your area? Your from Virginia?

Greg

Treebark

Yes, your right about that.........................save up and buy the best. If you cant buy the best right now save up ..........

What is your opinion on the Leica 1600 I've read good things about it.
Its the one I have been leaning towards............

How did you make out with that huge storm that hit your area? Your from Virginia?

Greg

Greg, please read my previous post again. Leica and Swarovski are the best. If you like the Leica, find the one that will range the farthest. that is the one to have.

Irene knocked over a big tree in the yard. No other damage. She didn't even knock out the power. Feel sorry for those that are experiencing the flooding in her aftermath.

Attachments

• Hurricane Irene 004 compressed.jpg
    Hurricane Irene 004 compressed.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 133
Out of all the brands of range finders I've every used the Leupolds are hands down the worst!!!
Don't skimp on a range finder!! Your rifle and optic don't mean anything if you can't get a solid range, trust me I got the T-shirt to prove it!!!

Leica 1600 it is!

Trebark

Irene blew over that tree and you did not loose power? In my neck of the woods we loose power over winds a lot less than that ......................Looks like your going to have a lot of fire wood........................

Trebark

I have one more question well, I would like your opinioin ....................

What do you think about the Leica Geovid 10x42 HD Range Finding Binoculars...........................??

Leica Binoculars and Leica Range Finder in one....................

Greg

Do you do LRH for Ground Hogs in VA?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts