New hog hunt land

I am still not clear on a nuisance purchased hog inside a high fence. Will call tomorrow and get a definite answer.

I'm just saying...how can you call them a nuisance when you are stocking them and hunters are paying to hunt them.

IIRC-if you kill something as a nuisance you can't recover it. You have to leave it where it falls.

It's been about 10 years since I last guided any hunters but the out of state general hunting license was $35.00

The non-resident has gone up from what I thought. $132.00 for non-game animals...exotics, game birds and even alligator.

Florida, I do this.
Wild hogs
On private property with landowner permission, wild hogs may be hunted year-round day or night with no bag limits, size limits or license required. They also may be trapped but cannot be transported alive without a Feral Swine Dealer Permit from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services by calling 850-410-0900.Wild hogs can only be taken on WMAs during specified seasons, where bag and size limits may apply. For more information on hunting wild hogs on WMAs, consult the specific WMA brochure for the area you want to hunt.

image.png
Forgot to say any weapon allowed in Florida can be use on hogs.

I'm just saying...how can you call them a nuisance when you are stocking them and hunters are paying to hunt them.

IIRC-if you kill something as a nuisance you can't recover it. You have to leave it where it falls.

It's been about 10 years since I last guided any hunters but the out of state general hunting license was $35.00
you do not have to stock them . If you put two pair of wild hogs on your property and keep a couple feeders out with about 4 to 6 months you will have plenty of hogs.

robert...I know very well how quickly they reproduce. We leased 10,000 acres along the coast for 19 years. We could never keep up with the population.

My comments above pertain to hunting without a license in Texas. It's very hard to shoot hogs as a nuisance when you are stocking your land with them.

CaptnC go to Texas Parks and Wildlife web site then Hunting Licenses Stamps and Permits then Exceptions. And now I quote under Exceptions."A hunting license is NOT REQUIRED to hunt the following.-. Coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking livestock,animals, or fowl. . Depredating feral hogs, if land owner is taking feral hogs causing depredation on landowners land." SOLD
Since the hogs in the high fence are bought and paid for and not openly released( still caged) I wonder if they are treated like Exotics and no license needed? Good question for the Game Warden.
In Texas you would need the $49 dollar 5 day special hunt tag. Even in cage. I've done that in Texas on a deer ranch and that is what I needed.

Yes I'm hoping that I wouldn't have to buy any from trappers because they reproduce fast. But it's nice to have he option.
As far as how much land and turkeys that depends on where your at. I have 9 acres in Michigan and I get about 4-5 a year off it without a problem. Plus if I could do two a year I'd be ok. As it would just offset the taxes. I don't need to make money on this deal just want a fun place to go and enjoy friends.

snox since you are the one that brought it up you are correct if you are hunting for SPORT you do need a license. If you are hunting because of Depredating hogs or coyotes with land owner back up. You do not need a license. Per Texas game warden this am. It does not matter as to high fence, low fence, or paid for hogs or exotics. It is all about those two terms, Sport or Depredating. If you are shooting depredating hogs you can move them to a dump location or clean them and give them to a charity.
A big option in Texas would be for you to put on a two or three day opening weekend dove hunt and cook out. Invite all your friends. Good times, good food can't go wrong.

snox since you are the one that brought it up you are correct if you are hunting for SPORT you do need a license. If you are hunting because of Depredating hogs or coyotes with land owner back up. You do not need a license. Per Texas game warden this am. It does not matter as to high fence, low fence, or paid for hogs or exotics. It is all about those two terms, Sport or Depredating. If you are shooting depredating hogs you can move them to a dump location or clean them and give them to a charity.
A big option in Texas would be for you to put on a two or three day opening weekend dove hunt and cook out. Invite all your friends. Good times, good food can't go wrong.

Yes that sounds correct.
So I inquired about another piece of land I found. Asked for property dimensions and he emailed back I should look up local records and sent me a link. lol I texted back I'm not a real estate agent. If I'm doing the work what am I paying you for?
Hope it doesn't ruin any deal to be made but screw that guy. Maybe I'm being a jerk but if I wanted to do all the work why would I need him.

Do not sweat it. I think you got a hold of a part time agent. I do not blame you one bit. I would have done the same. If that property sounded that great and that is your only contact call the office back and ask for the owner broker.

Apparently they are just quick claims brokers or something like that. The guy texted back and said something along those lines. They just post it for sale and it's up to the buyer to do leg work.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.