new years eve hog hunt

stxhunter

my 11 yr old son and i went to the ranch mon afternoon to hunt. we hunted out of a old blind that the roof had rotted away long before we bought the ranch. got in the blind about 5:30 i took a spotlight so after the sun went down we could try and get a hog. no deer came out during the last bit of legal shooting light so we settled in and waited for the front that was to blow in around 8:30. while we where waiting for any hogs to show up we counted satellites there was'nt a cloud in the night sky then ryan starts asking quistions about different things like what do animals do to survive in the cold. finally he gets real quit for a while like hes really contiplaiting something and i'm think i bet hes going to ask me about the birds and the bees or something along those lines and with the most serious look i've ever seen on his face he asks me how come peaple get boogers well i was a little relieved that was a little easyer to explain.at 10:30 we could hear a hog munching corn down the sendero so i hit him with the spotlight he was about 75 yd i told ryan to shot him in the head but as he raised his rifle he bumped the side of the blind and mister hog disappear back in to the shadows . we hunted till midnite then watched fireworks that peaple where poping on a ranch a couple of miles a way we did'nt shot anything but did have a really good time. happy new year everyone

Last edited:
So, uhhh, why do people get boogers?

Good times! My son was 11 when I left for this deployment, he is really into girls so I thought I would give him "the talk". He just smiled and said "That's awesome!", I was the embarrised one...I told my wife to keep an eye on that kid! I just hope(pray!) my two little girls don't have the same reaction!!!!!

Last edited:
So, uhhh, why do people get boogers?

Good times! My son was 11 when I left for this deployment, he is really into girls so I thought I would give him "the talk". He just smiled and said "That's awesome!", I was the embarrised one...I told my wife to keep an eye on that kid! I just hope(pray!) my two little girls don't have the same reaction!!!!!
yea my 11yr old has'nt discover girls yet hes to busy with school young marines and now he wants to learn to play guitar like his 21 yr old brother my daughter is 14 and thinks shes 30 and the phone never stops ringing when she gets home from school i allways make sure them boys see me cleaning my guns:D there good kids both are on the honor roll at school guise me and the wife did better with the second batch of kids
emilypics-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.