New here!

dirtnappin

20140916_134806.jpgI had a great fall this year. Got my first elk with a bow. I have killed 9 branch antler bulls with a rifle but this one was pretty sweet after all the hard work that goes into a bow hunt. My tent was at 9200 feet, the first two days were brutal getting my lungs adjusted. I spent 5 hard days trying to find a shooter, there was a bigger one with this one but the opportunity was right and he only went 30 yard after the shot. I do have a new best friend though. 20140917_150258.jpg After breaking down the bull I walked out 9.8 miles and called my hunting partner and he brought in two horses and we got it out before it spoiled. It froze the night that it was hanging in the woods but it was 84 degrees when we got back to the trucks. I loaded it up in the cab of my truck with the AC on and got it in a locker within a hour and a half. Spent the rest of the week trying to get Bill a chance at one but it just never materialized. I tried to get a muley during the late season bow hunt but just couldn't close the gap on a shooter. Again I had a great time and hope to get the chance to kill a wolf this winter with my fun gun. I have been practicing20141213_085259.jpg and almost have it dialed in for the LONG shots. Pretty comfortable out to 300 but got to do some more practice at the at&t distances. Anyway hope the season treats you all as it did me, and Merry Christmas.

Welcome and Merry Christmas to you also. Congratulations on all your successful hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.