New Guy!!

MJ from OR

Hi everyone I'm new to your site and I like what I see. I usally archery hunt but here last year I have wanted to do more hunting with my rifle. I have been taking my 14 year old daughter rifle hunting the last couple years and been very interested in long range hunting. I have harvested many animals with a rifle but the last 10 years I have archery hunted 98% of the time.

I'm looking forward to be educated by you guys!!

Thanks

Mike

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! I saw the word "educated" in his post!!!!

Where is the PROFESSOR?????

Roy---to the lectern please!!!!

Please can we have Quiet the Professor is about to enter the Hall!!!

Ok Professor it is all yours----

Thanks Guys!!!!

Here are a couple pics of Mikyla and her trophys from 2008.
TouchedupMikyla.jpg

2008Oregon177jpgTouchedup.png

130'' Oregon Blacktail. .240 WBY
2008Oregon213.jpg

Oregon Cascade Elk 429 yards 30-378

She has become my new hunting partner 2 years ago. I have been blessed!!!

Mike

Last edited:
Very cool.:D I have been hunting w/ my daughter for 3 seasons now. There is nothing like it. Only fathers who have hunted w/ their daughter know what I mean. My daughter missed our week trip this year because of High School sports. I am afraid it will be that way now for a few years. Enjoy her as your hunting partner as much as possible.

Steve

Here are the ones from 2007

Mikyla07007.jpg

California Blacktail 209 yards

2007backuppics093.jpg

Oregon Blacktail (General Season) 323 yards

Dec2007buck041.jpg

Oregon Blacktail (Youth Season ) 377 yards

All these bucks were taken with her .240 WBY

Very cool.:D I have been hunting w/ my daughter for 3 seasons now. There is nothing like it. Only fathers who have hunted w/ their daughter know what I mean. My daughter missed our week trip this year because of High School sports. I am afraid it will be that way now for a few years. Enjoy her as your hunting partner as much as possible.

Steve
EXACTLY!!!

I wonder what it will be like in a couple years myself. As long as she wants to go hunting I'll do everything I can do let her enjoy whats out there.

Mike

My deal w/ my kids is they can go on a week long hunting trip if they are on the honor role. If not they do not have the option. Seems fair to me, my dad never let me miss school to go hunt w/ him.

Extracurricular activities in HS are definitely get in the way w/ both of my kids. That is OK, they are busy, and good kids. We'll hunt on the weekends together as much as possible.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.