New guy

jjgreen

Hey guys new here from utah. I have always bow hunted but I'm getting into shooting. I just have a question on upgrades for my rifle I have a savage 110 7mm and wondering what I can do to make it into a better rifle? And also optics? I really don't wanna spend over 800 for a scope. Any help would be great thank you.

Welcome. With your budget for glass your best bet would be the vortex viper PST in 4-16x50. That's decent glass for the money and leaves you some wiggle room to pick up a good set of TPS rings and an EGW rail mount.

If you are willing to go used you can probably get a VXIII 4.5-14x50 and still have enough room for the mounting hardware.

As for what else you can do have the trigger lightened to no more than 2lbs, and get it floated and pillar bedded.

Once that's all done see how she shoots with a few different types of ammo.

To achieve real precision though will require a lot of time and reloading to find exactly what shoots best for you.
If you really want

JJ, welcome to the forum. WildRose covered it all. Perhaps a Lucas bore guide ans Dewey cleaning rod to top it off. Good luck

Where at in Utah? Kents Marketplace in Tremonton has the best prices around on Vortex Optics. They can save you $100 + over bigger stores. They sell Nightforce, Huskemaw, and Swaravski too, but those will all be over $800.

My recommendation is bed the action, adjust the trigger, and go with a vortex viper HS-T scope. This will be your best bang for the buck. Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.