New guy’s first “real” shots

ajvinyard

Today I took my first steps into a larger world of shooting!

Ok I'm not brand new, I have been looking up to you guys and reading on here and buying stuff from you guys for most of this year to get to today.

I have been shooting rimfires my whole life and in recent years moved up to AR's but have always idolized the idea of precision long range shooting.

This rifle is built from pre owned parts off this sight with the exception of the muzzle brake (that I built). It has definitely been a budget build by most of your standards but today I am very happy with the results knowing that I can improve on it.

The rifle:
Bergara wilderness hunter in 300prc
KRG Bravo Chassis
Brake- something I designed and built
Arkin optics sh4 4-16x50 scope
And hand loads to my limited beginner's ability

Shots 13, 14, &15 out the barrel
430 yards
2 5/8" group

My first 3 shots much past 100 yards and they are actually around the bullseye!
The beginning of my Long Range adventure!

Thank You all for unknowingly helping this to happen

29519413-CDBD-483B-9685-E6A1C8F2DFD6.jpeg
C83E6DE8-EF6D-44D5-81AC-2D151C344B07.jpeg

Thanks John. I know it can get deep, I have seen you guy's impressive projects!
Lol, I'm not even close to being in the same class as most of these guys but I get the job done. All I've learned came from the great people here and my mentor Mike who took me under wing and gave me the disease lol. Now if we can just get your brother on here.....

Well Buck the brake is modeled after what I saw on Mark and Sam after work on YouTube. Not exactly an original idea on my part but after looking at how well his seemed to do on the videos I wanted to make one in that style.

I run a 5-axis mill for a living so it isn't hard for my to draw up something and make it a reality. Here are a few pics of it the day I made it and a frame capture of the energy it catches off the rifle. It weighs in at 12.5 oz so not as light as most would want but lighter than most large suppressors.

Now as stated earlier, I am not accustomed to shooting large rifles and so I have nothing to compare the results to. It throws the blast out sideways and has no percussion blast behind the shooter for a spotter to have to eat. The sound seems very manageable also, not that I would want to be in the habit of shooting without protection but you could do a shot or two in a hunting situation and not be overwhelmed. The recoil off the rifle is tamed to a point that it is a pleasure to shoot, you know you are shooting a big rifle but I have AR's in various calibers that kick harder than this does.
206EB13F-E6F8-4EE9-9C04-359326FE2D7A.jpeg
EC801E19-F5E8-4E73-93C4-33D00EA753FB.jpeg
BF8A1E45-50A6-4D5A-8F61-31780E426475.jpeg