New from Colorado

colorado

So happy to find like minded people . Long range shooting and hunting in particular is addictive for me , I came upon this site in search for information about a 338 ultra that I have a reaccuring dream of . I am considering building it myself , however I am still unsure .
I currently reside south of Denver but I grew up and still hunt in the south western corner of Colorado . Growing up on a deer infested ranch with migrating elk passing through I quickly became more of a trophy hunter rather than a meat hunter and have had a fairly successful career at it , havn't broke the 200" mark on a deer yet although I have missed that buck , many bulls over 300" ,best is about 340" shot at 680 yds.
My passtime is taking young hunters that are "wheel chair bound " of mobility disabled , our average buck is about 170" , it is the more fun than hunting to fill my own tags.

Welcome to LRH, Colorado.

May the Lord bless you for helping those children to enjoy life a little better. That's a greatly awesome thing you do.

Thanks for sharing!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.