New From Colorado

Bullschlitz

I have been lazily hanging around the MonsterMuley site since it started and thought I would mosey over this way and see if I can learn how to shoot. A long ways that is. Everybody always wanted to know how I came up with my name so I will explain now. Very simple really. Back in the late 60's up in the then deer factory of northwest Colorado we would sit around the campfire, shoot the bull and drink Schlitz beer. Therefore the name BullSchlitz. Also very similar to a word frequently heard around the campfire typically in reply to how big a buck someone said they saw, how far away they said they shot it, how good a group their rifle would shoot at 500 yards, describing how their 30-06 would shoot 4000 fps and outshoot the other guys 270 by 500 fps, how good a gas mileage their pickup got, how many canyons they walked through that day, etc. Also some hunters were described as being full of it.

Welcome to LRH.
Everyone has fun now and then, but most of the shooting around here that seems, well, a little impossible has usually been verified by multiple witnesses.
What part of the state are you from?
What is your favorite LR set-up currently?

Welcome, I think you should trademark that name before some beer company grabs it.

Thanks guys, I don't have a current long range outfit but a few pretty good shooting rifles in several calibers. Most of my shooting is in close usually inside a 1/4 mile. Maybe I do need to trademark that as my pen name. The name I guess sounds a little like somebody you might like to listen to but never take seriously and that probably fits a little. On here I will probably be silent most of the time but will be hanging around. Dogdinger you might be giving away your age cause I ain't seen that stuff around in awhile but wouldn't mind one around the campfire again. We hunted a lot south of Rangely back when it was a true deer factory and we saw a lot of nice deer. None of us were real trophy hunters though and pretty much took the first good buck that showed up. One of our group did take a nice one about 36-38" outside one year up off cathedral around 1969 I think. The place just never recovered after a terrible winter back in the early 70's. I'm up northwest from the san luis valley.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.