New for '06

Ian M

New for \'06

New stuff comin'
Leupold has a very unique answer to 50mm scopes and cheek-weld. Also a new laser range finder with angle correction.
Barnes has the new bullet - plastic tip and a non-lead core!
Winchester has a new bullet - the XP3, makes a mushroom in the middle instead of at the tip. Shoots very well in my rifles.
Say goodby to the WSSM's
Remington has a new muzzleloader and tweeks to others.
Weatherby is tweeking the Vanguard - this is one of the best shooting out of the box rifles going - I jsut shot three shots into exactly one inch with 180 grain factory .300 Weatherby ammo - at 200 yards with a new 2006 model. Their shotguns are also getting tweeked - incredible handling lightweights. Their MOA series of Vanguards are for real.
Look for some great new reticles - maybe something for muzzleoaders etc.
165 gr. Accubond in the .30 cal finally.
A new word - DIGISCOPING - scary stuff for the photo buffs who like looking through big spotting scopes.
Big gun shooters are getting a new big cartridge from the guys who make Really Big Rifles - as in half-inch boomers.
I just shot a pair of Barrett M99's a bunch (what did you say..., please speak louder - the wringing in my ears just went up by a factor of five times!!!). They will suck gophers out of holes and throw them back over your head... Do nasty things to my steel targets at 1065 yards - wouldn't want to be there.
Cooper Phoenix is a killing machine - I just killed two mulies at 454 yards and two more at 623 yards with my new 6.5-284, all one shot kills with 140 A-MAX bullets on a CWD cull.
Just spent a bunch of time shooting the .30-378 Weatherby at their 2006 new products seminar - amazing what 180 grain bullets at 3300 fps will do for flat shooting way out there.
How does Weatherby (Norma) load such accurate ammo that travels so fast.
T/C is NOT sitting on their hands - wait and see what they have up there sleeves!!!! Could another big boomer be coming my way to join my .416 Rigby Encore...
Lots of other new stuff, 2006 is going to be a good year!!!
More after SHOT.

Re: New for \'06

Glad to see you have quit whining and complaining and decided to earn your keep and report the news.

I guess I will stop on the way home and get me a powerball ticket because that is the only way I will be able to afford one of each of all of that stuff.

Bob,
When you win the big one I will gladly help you pick out toys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

What someone needs to make is a friggin ML with a swing-over breechplug to make cleaning easier along with a rifle that will consistently shoot several shots into a decent group!! Yeah...I know....your rifle does all this but for me out of shooting about 20 different makes of bullets, various rifles by those that are suppose to make all this crap....well...for one....it's all commercial hype and those producing the firearms must think that there are thousands of "Rednecks" who don't understand what accuracy is anyway!! Isn't Jim Shockney?? the one whom says he shot his "so and so" rifle 5800 times without cleaning it using his new powder with no trouble loading?? My arse!! Commercial hype for the totally ignorant!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.