Remington 25 06 for Long Range shooting

redbone

Hay Guys

I am looking to build HB 25 06 rifle or buy an Remington sendero 25 06 Rifle for long range shooting .

Can you give me some info about your 25 06 Rifle what kind is your rifle an what size barrel H B or knot an 26 or 28 long barrel ?

What size of group do you get out of your 20 06 rifle at 500 to 800 yards ?

I am looking to reload for my new 25 06 rifle .

What is some of your best reload info, bullet size an powder amount ?

Redbone

Depends on what you want to use it for. 25-06 is a great coyote/deer size killer. I have had one since I was 14 and have tried virtually every bullet out there. My 25-06 is a Winchester model 70, classic sporter w/24" tube. My favorite bullets are still the NBTs. 85g Btips for coyotes at 3600fps is a hard combo to beat. Very accurate, little recoil, pretty flat shooting, and hits harder then youd think. It should level coyote out to 800 yards. For deer size game I always liked the 115g NBT. I've killed black bears and muleys with no problems. Black bears at 450 yards, and muleys at 500, and 1 muley buck at 604. The 115g NBT has always given me full penetration on deer size animals. Tracking was not neccesary as I usually go for the shoulder shot. Even with shoulder bone, the 115g NBT had no problems whatsoever smashing completely through both shoulders, every time. Another good bullet I played with was Richards 125g ULD RBBT. It was very accurate bullet with a pretty decent BC. I killed my largest buck at 440 yards a couple seasons ago with that bullet. I would have no hesitations using them on game. My loads usually shoot anywhere from 3"-5" groups at 500 yards. As far as powders, my 25 really likes h4831, it also likes imr-4350 and imr4831. Hopes this helps a little bit. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.