New Fierce Rifle not grouping as expected

5-shot group at 100 yards, yep, this is factory too.
IMG_0389.JPG

Those are a few photos that are up front in my phone from just the past couple months. I can dig back and keep posting, but I think you get the point.

You need to practice more Tangent. :)
Ha! We all like different stuff. For me, I'd rather be practicing my fundamentals over reloading, and today's factory ammo allows me to do just that. If guys like to spend time reloading, I think that's awesome. But I think it's silly to say that you "must" reload for a $4k rifle to be accurate.

5-shot group at 100 yards, still factory
View attachment 151786
I'm not fired up. Just stating facts. I've shot several sub .5 moa groups out to over 1100 yards with factory ammo. I think you'll notice a said lot to lot variance. I said nothing about factory ammo not shooting. I stated a fact. Factory ammo lot to lot sucks and just because one lot shoots doesn't mean the next will. In fact it often won't. If you believe otherwise you have not shot much.

I'm not fired up. Just stating facts. I've shot several sub .5 moa groups out to over 1100 yards with factory ammo. I think you'll notice a said lot to lot variance. I said nothing about factory ammo not shooting. I stated a fact. Factory ammo lot to lot sucks and just because one lot shoots doesn't mean the next will. In fact it often won't. If you believe otherwise you have not shot much.
Again man, that's not my experience. I typically will bulk buy, but always end up with a hodgepodge of lot numbers sooner or later. I'm happy to reap the benefits of modern manufacturing processes.

You need to practice more Tangent. :)

If you wish. I've got even more. Still not going to find me relying on factory ammo but you've side stepped your original statement which was a custom should shoot factory ammo well or something is wrong at that is just bs plain and simple. We could go on and on on this subject but I'll point out the number 2 reason why that's wrong. Many if not most customs do not have saami spec chambers which the factory ammo was developed for. I will repeat what I eluded to early if the rifle in question won't shoot the ammo Fierce shot the test target with then yes there is a problem.

Should of bought a savage. Shoots good right out of the box. :p:p:p Sorry about the bad results with that much money spent though. Seem to me a lot of negatives(picky gun only shoots XXX) once the company has became popular and for the cost of 4500 I would think a blue printed, trued, Remington with a top of the line rifle cut barrel, and a decent stock having a repeatable gun smith put it together the thing would probably shoot really good with several different quality ammo. My factory Sendero printed .8 to 1.25 with a couple of top qualty box ammo and my hand loads print .5 moa. It's a 300 RUM. I have a bout 2000 in it. Its been bedded and muzzle break. Just a lot of doe for a lot of fuss. :(
I have a sendero 7mm rem mag. Bedded and a cheap 1.5lb rifle basix trigger. Shoots 140 factory Hornady sub 1 moa, 165 sierra federal factory .75 moa, 175 Cor lokts just a tad over .5 moa, 162 sst handloads sub .5 moa, 180 eld handloads sub .5 moa. I can't say that it shot absolutely every factory load great but shoots a decent variety well. Worst grouping factory ammo was about 1.5 moa. I'm sure not every sendero that has been made shoots great but there are many that has.

Why would you wanna shoot factory ammo? O and how's your sd's with that factory stuff? I'm not willing to pay the price I guess I'm just a cheapskate but I also shoot alot and enjoy reloading!

Why would you wanna shoot factory ammo? O and how's your sd's with that factory stuff? I'm not willing to pay the price I guess I'm just a cheapskate but I also shoot alot and enjoy reloading!
If you enjoy reloading, that's the only reason you need! But it's absurd when some guys propagate or regurgitate the mistruth that you "must" reload to shoot long range or tight groups.

I'll usually chrono 20-40 rounds at a time when I'm looking to approximate SDs. The Hornady stuff has been in the teens and twenties for a 95%+ confidence level.

I've looked into reloading & ran the life-cycle cost analysis multiple times for myself and the numbers only pan out if I don't assign a value to my time. In reality I'm money & time ahead to periodically work a couple extra hours and spend the extra time at the range. I can appreciate that's not everyone else's circumstance.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.