Fierce rifles

Freshta

Looking for honest opinions about Fierce rifles. I see on their website that they are offering the fury in a long range configuration now. Thinking about buying a new rifle and would appreciate the advice. Will be practicing out to 700 but I want a rifle that can shoot a wood lot deer at 100 or an elk at 5-600.

Thanks

i have had one for almost a year - carbon edge titanium in 300wsm. If you are familiar with the sako85 that is what the action is. The rifle balances well, fitted with a swaro z5 ballistic turret I can get mine to shoot well out to 600m with several different loads (168 bergers through to 208Amax), my hunting load for large deer is the 175LRX. It is my mountain rifle so not a long range target or hunting rifle, but for me 600m is a long way as that is the furthest i get to practice.

I have had some say the trigger felt heavy - it is about 2.5 - 3 pounds and i haven't adjusted mine as it seems fine to me and has accounted for chamois, red deer and pigs from 30m (pigs) to 360m (chamois). The carbon barrel does keep the shots together even at the range when shooting matches so it was part of the reason I went with the carbon option.

The threaded muzzle cap and muzzle brake when changed around on my rifle doesn't noticeably shift the point of impact so although I have seldom used the muzzle brake, if you want to spot your shots and have the time you can confidently screw on the brake . The brake is effective and reduces recoil well.

The fit and finish is very good on the rifle. One thing to consider is that the sako style magazine wont let you have bullets extended too far out.

Having said all of that, I have brownings, tikkas and a sako that will shoot first three shots just as good. So I guess it depends what you are after.

I picked up a Fury in the 6.5 Creedmoor a couple months ago. First time I saw one hanging on the wall, I wanted it. I like everything about the rifle, especially the box magazine. The box magazine was a must for my next rifle so it was down to the X-Bolt or this one. I asked two local shops and about them and they had nothing bad to say about them as well as a bunch of research before pulling the trigger.

I haven't been shooting in a long time. I hope if work on my skills this group will tighten up some more.

Attachments

• IMG_4635.jpg
    IMG_4635.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 178
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.