New Bushnell 1600 ARC Review

I don't know if I want to read the review comparing the Fusion to the Zeiss as I just picked up the Zeiss a couple of weeks ago..lol

I hear ya, the writer actually recommends the Zeiss for himself in the end, based on the price and how much he thinks he would use it. I personally prefer the Fusions compared to Zeiss and the Swaros compared to the Fusions, but I do think the Zeiss are a good value for the price.

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Who has a good price on the 1600 Fusion any one have one and want to sell it or trade it :D

Mason , How are the 12 x 50's are they worth the extra money or should I stay with the 10 x 42

It depends what you will be using the Fusions for Terry. I'm working on a quick video explaining the differences. I'll give you a preview here of what I say in the video...
Mason in Fusion Comparison Video said:
"Basically, what Bushnell has done with this new 12x50 Fusion is give the end-user some options. With the 12x50 you have all the same features of the 10x42 except a bigger 50mm objective and increased 12x magnification.

The bigger objective is going to allow more light in but it's going to give you slightly less eye relief compared to the 42mm.

10x magnification will enlarge your field of view by approximately 50 yards compared to the 12x50 model at a distance of 1000 yards. The 12x50 will also make it a little easier to laze smaller targets as a result of the increased magnification. Those who are into varminting that are considering the Fusions, might want consider the 12x over the 10x because of these benefits.

Last but not least, there's only about a 1 oz difference in weight, with the 12x50 obviously being the slightly heavier unit. "

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Last edited:
It depends what you will be using the Fusions for Terry. I'm working on a quick video explaining the differences. I'll give you a preview here of what I say in the video...

Thanks,

Mason @ CST
Thank you Mason. I will be ordering from you at CST in the next week. you have a great price on both I just need too make up my mind on what one to get.

I would expect the 12X50 to have a smaller field of view than the 10X42 ? I have had the 10X42 for about 8 months and really like them.

I was hunting groundhogs with Harry Swarez and he uses a Leica and we were comparing them, 1530 yards on a grassy hillside is about as far as we could get with both failing sometimes and working sometimes. I've a sneeky suspision that they are the same guts in different packages. Harry missed the ground hog that we ranged there but, holding more than 10 feet of wind, he hit close enough to put the hog down the hole! I can't shoot that far due to not enough elevation adjustment but will address that after my bear hunt! Will test Bushnell Fusion in Montana next week.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.