Bushnell Fusion 1600 Arc

All I can tell you is mine really work as advertised. I can range cattle to 1858 yards, although they are not on flat ground, but on a hill side. I have not had them fail yet within the 1820 yard range. I too will be trying them out on deer and elk in the next few weeks as we take to the hills on the ATV's. I will be sure to share my findings.

As a follow up to my last post; I went out today and did a bunch of ranging. To be sure, the flat ground does make it harder. I had trouble on totally flat ground locking onto any live animal past 1100 yards. But with just a little back ground even in tall green grass I was able to reach out past 1500 yards. I was up on a hill above town and ranged children on the play field at 1238 and horses at 1341. I did deer out to 456 in a flat field on the edge of a canyon with the other side of the canyon in the back ground at 978, so I know it was picking up the deer correctly. I will be going out with my wife for 2 days of ATV riding and camping so I will try it out in the field with deer and elk (if I see any) or maybe wolves!!!!! I still believe these are a real bargan for the money, although I would love a G7 if I could afford them. :)

The Bushnell has a beam divergence of 2 milrad by 4 milrad and the Swaro has a 2 milrad circle, that translates into the beam of the Bushnell will bounce of all kinds of stuff at range since it's the size of a house. For a good tight beam and range it looks like the Leica 1600 may be good.

the 2x4 is bunk.. not sure where that came from, but i tested it my self with a set of NVG's

I have the 10x 1600 fusion arc binos... At 25y the beam measured .5wX2h inch...
So at 100 should be 2x8" that .55mills wide by 2.3 mills tall ish...

tested with NV ....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.