New bullet maker that looks interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it is about bullets that seems to bring out the strongest opinions by everyone, but it does! It seems like what always happens is, having a different opinion than someone else gives one a license to attack or criticize. It's almost like we have turned into a bunch of politicians:D I have learned a lot since I have been on this forum, and I hope have been able to contribute in some small way as well. So far, I can't remember a single time when attacking or criticizing have been useful (maybe with the possible exception of trolls). Positive debate about differing opinions is where it's at. There have been times when I have had to re think things because of knowledgeable people on this forum. I think when all is said and done, regarding this thread, shooters will like the long range capabilities of these bullets, even though the advertised b.c. is considerably lower. (It will still be a little higher b.c. than a Berger simply because of the sharper point). That is my opinion! Let's wait and see what field testing proves out, and in the meantime, realize that none of us knows it all and keep the debate civil.........Rich

+1. Heck, even if the advertised bc's aren't as high as published, if they best the AMAX I'm in. Gradual improvement is good enough for me. At least someone is trying to improve on the offerings we already have. If the 155's are good, I can't wait for some 7mm's! Me, I'm rooting FOR W3P. I hope the test goes well. gun)

W3P, I don't know if this has been mentioned so far in this forum (can't remember after 33+ pages!) but have you considered a heavy 7mm bullet at all, particularly a 195gr? If you do some searching on this site, you will see that there have been A LOT of people excited about Berger potentially releasing this offering. However, Berger is so far behind that it still might not be anytime soon. If you could beat them to the punch on one of these in a high BC offering, you could make a killing. Just something to think about! :D

I don't know what it is about bullets that seems to bring out the strongest opinions by everyone, but it does! It seems like what always happens is, having a different opinion than someone else gives one a license to attack or criticize. It's almost like we have turned into a bunch of politicians:D I have learned a lot since I have been on this forum, and I hope have been able to contribute in some small way as well. So far, I can't remember a single time when attacking or criticizing have been useful (maybe with the possible exception of trolls). Positive debate about differing opinions is where it's at. There have been times when I have had to re think things because of knowledgeable people on this forum. I think when all is said and done, regarding this thread, shooters will like the long range capabilities of these bullets, even though the advertised b.c. is considerably lower. (It will still be a little higher b.c. than a Berger simply because of the sharper point). That is my opinion! Let's wait and see what field testing proves out, and in the meantime, realize that none of us knows it all and keep the debate civil.........Rich
VERY WELL SAID!!. I hope everyone reads this and agrees.

We are in the process of ordering the equipment for the 7MM a couple components may be 30 to 60 day wait. The basic setup is avalable now for some work up & testing to see how much weight we can get out of the set. AL

Hi Al. What do you offer in 6.5? I doubt you have anything in a tipped version because the available tips are too large? ......... Rich

Well I've gotta do a crapload of reloading in the next few weeks... gotta get some SST's or A Max since I can't find VLD's locally (and plus Hornadys tend to run cheaper, saves on LD) but if these things are the real deal I'll be buying some

Hi Al. What do you offer in 6.5? I doubt you have anything in a tipped version because the available tips are too large? ......... Rich

Rich: True 30's wont match the ogive, I have turned some on the lathe & got them to work, we are working on getting some made in quanity. Untill then I make HP'S to 160 Gr in two profiles. Hope to get some soon have to send a die to the EDM guy to fit a punch.

Rich: True 30's wont match the ogive, I have turned some on the lathe & got them to work, we are working on getting some made in quanity. Untill then I make HP'S to 160 Gr in two profiles. Hope to get some soon have to send a die to the EDM guy to fit a punch.

Ok, thats what I assumed. As a bullet maker myself, I think it is safe to say that if you could come up with a tip that measured about .150" at the jacket junction, you would have a winner on this forum and elsewhere! I thought about doing this myself, as well as doing what you guys are now doing, but I decided not to. The .200" tips that are available for the 30's wouldn't work even if the angle matched the ogive because you would only have .032" body outside the ogive of the bullet!........Rich

Elk Coast

Suggestion: Back off your sarcasm. You are new to this site and are unaware of past threads and efforts by people like phorath and Micheal. They have contributed much. You quickly descended into ridicule. Not a good idea.

KB
Agreed on one point, I should not have stooped to that level, although I was simply responding to ridicule towards me, and several other, noticably. Not like I started the rude comments, but you are right...I should not have responded to them and I apologize to all for having done that.
I too wish for Whiskey 3 to be very successful. If he were making any .323 (yeah, off size for most) I would immediately try them. I wish all the guys on this site that are trying to market new and better products to be successful. And I will try to simply keep it to complimentary or cordial comments from this point on. I was out of line.

KB, I think elkcoast was quoting jfseaman, it just didn't come through correct. He was standing up for Phorwath. Either way though, everyone should just chill and wait for some real numbers to come out. Arguing via the internet isn't doing anything for this thread except making it ridiculously long. And KB, that is not intended towards you. Posts like your last one are very helpful and informative!
Correct, cohunter,that was my intent, and it did come out wrong. I'll cut the bad comments and try to be helpful and supportive from now on, thats my pledged. Again, I apologize to all for what turned out to be sub-par and improper.

just because the readily available component isn't available doesn't mean Haas is working on fixing that problem for me as we speak to run those small tips. Things have come along way since Corbin started this!

Food for thought bud....

W3P, I don't know if this has been mentioned so far in this forum (can't remember after 33+ pages!) but have you considered a heavy 7mm bullet at all, particularly a 195gr? If you do some searching on this site, you will see that there have been A LOT of people excited about Berger potentially releasing this offering. However, Berger is so far behind that it still might not be anytime soon. If you could beat them to the punch on one of these in a high BC offering, you could make a killing. Just something to think about! :D

also....here is the new stuff and the projected pricing for pre orders if you guys are interested!

So here is the pricing for the pre orders for 7mm, .338 and .375

All inquiries need to be sent to [email protected]

.375 price is as follows per 100 count

200 grain - $156.50
225 grain - $157.00
250 grain - $157.50
275 grain - $158.00
300 grain - $158.50
325 grain - $159.00
350 grain - $159.50
375 grain - $160.00
400 grain - $162.00