New Beanland 260 doing good with H4831 sc

groundhogzapper

I've had my 260 for a month or so, and broke it in with some factory ammo, and some 123 Amax, while waiting on my 260 mod case, so I could find the lands. I wanted to shoot the 123 Amax, but Jon said the 139's shot great with an 8.5 twist, and he was right.
The gun is a Trued up, BP Rem 700, 24" Krieger MTU 8.5tw 4 groove barrel, with a PA M41 Brake, enlarged to fit brrl by Jon, Kampfeld bolt knob, bedded in an HSP, and waiting for a Mcree or Rock Solid. I was hoping for a 1/2" gun for Tac. matches, but it's hanging right in there with my BR rigs to 3/600yd.

Gun shot .5-.8" until I got some H4831sc then it turned into a whole different gun.

1st 8 shot group at 100, with 1 called flyer @ 100

Next 5 shot group at 150 yds with 45.1g H4831sc.
It was running around 2700, within the 1st 20-30rds, but the brrl seems to be speeding up a tad, as Saturday it was clocking around 2800, but today was showing 2750-2780, but I don't trust the borrowed chrono, but the drop seems to be in line with 2750. Only been shot at 600yd once, and 300 a cpl more at steel. I hope to stretch it's legs soon at Oak Ridge Tn. Thanks to a member here VarmintH8R for making me a mod case. Thanks again VarmintH8R!
Also thanks to Bob Beck for a new NFNXS 3.5-15 with Vel. 1000 MV.5 ret, Seekins rings, and PA 20moa rail, and to Jon Beanland for building the most accurate rifles in the world. Can't wait to get it on a bench, and get a good rest.

Sweet rig, and nice shooting! I've never seen a brake quite like that, it looks angry. Cool looking and clearly a great shooter!

Thanks VarmintH8R, it is actually a pretty mad Brake, and I think it's bite is about as bad as it bark, lol. I had Jon blend it to my brrl profile, and shooting prone without a mat, it will jerk grass roots out. I wish I would have gone with a side port, but when my can get's ready I won't care. I know a 260 don't kick much at all, but with the Brake my 243 feels stout, and spotting hits at 200 is so easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts