New Barrel for Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by AtownBcat, Aug 20, 2009.

1. AtownBcat

AtownBcat Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, I'm looking to spice up my stock 10/22. I wanted to see what barrel you have used and the results. Also where did you find the best price on your choice. Thanks

2. Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska Well-Known Member

WhistlePig, absolutely awesome for me!

3. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Well-Known Member

Green Mountain. But, they can be pretty hard to find.

4. Booney

Booney Well-Known Member

I have a volquartsen carbon fiber barrel with a black compensator and my brother has a tactical solution barrel. Both shoot lights out and are extremely lightweight, which is nice. I shop at Hornetproducts.com and midwayusa.com. Hope this helps.

5. novaman64

novaman64 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what your price range is.

I put a ER Shaw SS fluted 18" on my ruger, got it for $140 and its shoots good.

Heres my target at 100yrds using Federal Premium GameShock ammo, only mods are the barrel and Hogue overmold stock.

[​IMG]

And heres a pic of it on the rifle... (just finished painting the flutes black)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  6. AtownBcat

AtownBcat Well-Known Member

thanks for the suggestions guys...
    Novaman thats a pretty impressive group!! Your set up is a little out of my price range..I did find a Green Mountian 17' stainless heavy sporter taper. I think it is in my price range and the way i will probably go.

7. novaman64

novaman64 Well-Known Member

When I was looking the GM barrels cost more than the ER Shaw barrels and were near impossible to find. If you want save money you can get a shaw barrel non-fluted in CM or SS for sub $100.... And the only reason I put a stock on is because my original one would fit a bull barrel.

8. old_heli_logger

old_heli_logger Well-Known Member