New Barrel for Ruger 10/22

AtownBcat

Hey Guys, I'm looking to spice up my stock 10/22. I wanted to see what barrel you have used and the results. Also where did you find the best price on your choice. Thanks

I have a volquartsen carbon fiber barrel with a black compensator and my brother has a tactical solution barrel. Both shoot lights out and are extremely lightweight, which is nice. I shop at Hornetproducts.com and midwayusa.com. Hope this helps.

I guess it depends on what your price range is.

I put a ER Shaw SS fluted 18" on my ruger, got it for $140 and its shoots good.

Heres my target at 100yrds using Federal Premium GameShock ammo, only mods are the barrel and Hogue overmold stock.

22traget.jpg

And heres a pic of it on the rifle... (just finished painting the flutes black)
1022new1.jpg

1022new2.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions guys...
Novaman thats a pretty impressive group!! Your set up is a little out of my price range..I did find a Green Mountian 17' stainless heavy sporter taper. I think it is in my price range and the way i will probably go.

When I was looking the GM barrels cost more than the ER Shaw barrels and were near impossible to find. If you want save money you can get a shaw barrel non-fluted in CM or SS for sub $100.... And the only reason I put a stock on is because my original one would fit a bull barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.