New Allen Mags??

goodgrouper

Stolen development pictures of the new Allen mags are surfacing on the net! Are these the top secret new cases from Ft. Shaw?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
newallenmags.jpg

newallenmags2.jpg

Had ya goin' there for a minute didn't I?

No. These are two spoof cases a friend of mine and me made up just to see what they would look like. The tall one is a .17 Remington ultra mag and the short one is a .14 WSM. Both are guaranteed to go real fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Kirby, think we could get Richard to build us a 40 grain .14 VLD with an aluminum tip? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

blow the shoulder out a little and you could get another 2fps, if you shoot 100gr of charcoal under a titanium bullet.

Little extreme for even me!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would bet Richard would make us any bullet we wanted, that is if we wanted to pay for the dies and get someone to make a 1-3 twist 14 cal barrel!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neat pic!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Hey GG,

I'd try a case full of Bullseye in the little one to see if the bullet didn't do a melt down between the chamber and the target.

If it worked in the little one I'm sure it would do well in the big one. I'm betting it would orbit the earth at about 20 feet elevation at least twice before anything would stop it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's probably the only cartridge that the biggest danger would be shooting yourself in the back if you were still at the bench 90 minutes later when she started the second orbit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think that H50bmg or H870 would be the only powders we could use without sticking the bolt in our foreheads! I would really like to see how much of these powders I could use to make it shoot but I don't like the idea of buying a new barrel every three shots!!

[ QUOTE ]
That's probably the only cartridge that the biggest danger would be shooting yourself in the back if you were still at the bench 90 minutes later when she started the second orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GG,

you guys must be pros when it comes to necking down. Do you mind telling us how you two acomplished that?
Pretty extreme.
Nice photos!

Dangit, that might beat the .22 caliber sabot that TMR and I made for the .408 Chey Tac case. Oh well, back to the drawing board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nah, we're not really pros on the subject. We just have the right tooling to do it quick. These cases were made with a drill press running the cases into a cutting plate covered in oil of all different sized holes until the proper dimension is achieved. If these were real cases we intended to actually shoot, we would not go the full 25 steps it took to neck these particular cases down. We would only go a maximum of 7 or 8 steps. Then we would neck turn and fireform to straighten them. This method actually produces brass that is really concentric but at sometime, the thickness built up in the shoulder/neck junction will work it's way up into the neck again and more neck turning is in order.

I think Dan would say, "certainly I will take your money to make any barrel you want, let me figure up the bill", with a big smile on his face!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.