"New" A-Bolt by APS Part 2

MT4XFore

Hmmmmmm, I says to meself, not bad. Lets try the last 3 now:
Last3shotgrpjpg.jpg

As Kirby would say, "I just love to see a barrel break in!" Well, now since I didn't want to shoot old Nosler solid bases, I had to find a load for 160 AB's. I had no doubt that I could find one, but I was kinda wanting to find one using Ramshot Magnum powder. Well, I think I did! (I had to delete one of the pics cause they said I had too many)
Wow, I thought to myself, looks like Kirby REALLY does know what he is doing. So to verify the load, I tried a three shot group:

IMG_0325.jpg

That seems to verify the load I surmised. Now to field test the gun and the load. I must admit that no real long distances were encountered, just a little over 200 yards, but the subject of the test was walking. Anyway:

IMG_0329.jpg

Not too bad for an old codger!! Oh, I guess you probably want to see the patient after Kirby performed his magic. Well, here she is:

IMG_0308.jpg

So I too can personally vouch for Kirby's expertise. I can also vouch for his kindness and willingness to help. He is truly a scholar and a gentleman,
and there aren't many of us left!!!

Jim
Last3shotgrpjpg.jpg

MT4XFore:

Congratulations of great looking rifle and a super deer.:) Looks like your "new A-Bolt" did the job just fine.

I have been down that "long driveway" and the trip was worth it. I plan on doing it again too.:rolleyes:

Keep us posted on how she shoots but it looks like it will probably just get better.;)

Not too bad for an old codger!!
Not too bad for anybody. You are only as old as you feel and after your good luck you should be feeling like a teenager.:);):)

SS7mm, Thanks for the kind words. To say I am thrilled is an understatement.
I too may end up giving him some more work.

Bob, It is difficult to express in type or words just how nice it is to work with Kirby. Finding someone who is that nice and is an artist to boot, is quite a find, a treasure in fact. Thanks for the comment.

Jim

****, my head is going to get to big for the neck hole in my shirts if you guys keep puffing me up.

Just a rifle builder that really enjoys what he does and the great folks I am able to work with in the process like all on this post, nothing more, nothing less. Just want to do the best job I can for those that are willing to have me build them a rifle. Nothing different then any of the other smiths I have come to know on LRH. It has been a pleasure working with all of you as well.

Jim,

We have had some good long talks in the shop, takes up some shop time but well worth it in my opinion. I could not be happier with your success and even happier it happened with your son!!!

Looks like you have the 7mm RM figured out!!!

Congrats on a fine buck and shooting!!! Next time you come out bring your antlers, love to see them first hand.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.