*NEW* .800" bolt short action for CheyTac diameter cartridges

IMG_4228.jpg
IMG_4189.jpg
For more info on the Thumper action contact Jonh at Pierce Engineering on Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/Pierce-Engineering-1557684287891230/
Video clip shows flawless extraction of a full length CheyTac case out of the Thumper action

IMG_5402.PNG
IMG_5398.jpg
**Goals for 2019**

Complete my 420 Blitzkrieg ELR rifle build on the new action custom designed and made for it, gotta make a chassis for it now

brass with revised dimensions is now being made ( pic of previous test brass) and should have some in my hands shortly, new 565 gr ELR bullets with est. G1 bc at 1.150 are being made as well

new action is super slick and be-a-utiful !

I wonder what a custom made pointed high-BC .357 diameter long range rifle bullet would do in that short-action Thumper case... The .357 Ultra Mag. There's a big jump from .338 to .375, which leaves a huge gap. The .357 Ultra Mag would be a good compromise between high BC, weight, diameter, and velocity. Just for the idea, yall can send me one for testing. Depending on how much I like it, you might, or might not, get it back afterwards... Can't make any guarantees. :D

.....I wonder what a custom made pointed high-BC .357 diameter long range rifle bullet would do in that short-action Thumper case... The .357 Ultra Mag. There's a big jump from .338 to .375, which leaves a huge gap. The .357 Ultra Mag would be a good compromise between high BC, weight, diameter, and velocity.......[:D/QUOTE]

If I was 30 years younger, some such would be on my to do list. Had the Ackley Magnum version that was very impressive, even handicapped by the bullets available then.

A friend and I look at the components readily available today with envy.

Mark Fox is doing a target rifle build in 30 cal we named the 300 Mr. X (in reference to the X ring) on that case as well as a .358 cal for the 340 gr MTH bullets, he also had CEB make him the 275 gr Maximus bullet in .358 cal for hunting, which are now available on their website, I have it in 338 and 375 cal, we did a 416 for John Pierce on that case he named the Thumper, Pierce will be marketing his new action and all the cartridges will be available from his shop, brass will be made for these cartridges and available to customers who do a complete build with Pierce Engineering

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.