*NEW* .800" bolt short action for CheyTac diameter cartridges

Swamplord

IMG_4130.JPG
Yes sir, It is now a reality !

John Pierce at Pierce Engineering has come through and is now manufacturing an extended short action for a new line of Chey Tac based short action cartridges

1.450" action, .800" bolt and 1.187" tenon

the first cartridge we developed for this action is a 416 cal that Mr. Pierce calls the 416 Thumper and we are doing everything from 6.5mm to .510 cal,

exciting times ahead as we foray into a new world of wildcatting possibilites

Happy Thankgiving to all !

View attachment 111073 Yes sir, It is now a reality !

John Pierce at Pierce Engineering has come through and is now manufacturing an extended short action for a new line of Chey Tac based short action cartridges

1.450" action, .800" bolt and 1.187" tenon

the first cartridge we developed for this action is a 416 cal that Mr. Pierce calls the 416 Thumper and we are doing everything from 6.5mm to .510 cal,

exciting times ahead as we foray into a new world of wildcatting possibilites

Happy Thankgiving to all !

This would make a nice setup for short action hunting or target plinking. The only issue I would have is how to neck down a cut down chey tac based cartrige. I would need help with that. Heck I couldnt seem to neck down a 423 Dakota to 300 norma without comprising necks even with widen custom dies. I even messaged swamplord for help with no replys. With all my troubles i juat rechambered to standard 300 norma.
He sure does make some interesting chamberings. I am sure he is a busy man. Not sure which forum I messaged him on but that was last year. Been dreaming or a 7mm 300 norma but a chey tac size would be cooler if brass was out there.

Brass for the first cartridge, the 416 Thumper is set up to be made by a US brass manufacturer, others will follow

from right to left ...
Short Thumper bolt
standard length bolt
long CT bolt
all for CheyTac diameter actions

the far left one, next to the 223 ?
anybody remember the 420 Blitzkrieg I mentioned some time back ? Yup, it's happening, brass is being made as we speak ....,

Some dreams do come true

IMG_4186.JPG

I'd be interested in the 338 version pending case capacity!

When John Pierce contacted me about developing a 416 cartridge on a shortened CheyTac case that will work in his new short action I was on auto pilot with a 338 and 30 cal in mind, the case design was done so the same brass cases & headspace gauge can be used in these cartridges

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.