New 7wsm questions

Levi

My new 7wsm is going to be done before the end of the year by SSG and I am looking for some recomendations on powder choices. I have done some searching and it seems like most people are recomending H-1000 but I was wondering how retumbo would work. I am planning on shooting 168 bergers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Levi

H4831sc or RL22
I had alot of success with 162amax with 65grains RL22 with 215 fed mag primer.

Nate will be able to help with your load also, he is very knowledgeable with the 7wsm. You going to compete with it or just hunt?

Brent

For now it is going to be strictly a hunting gun. I know that nathan will be a big help he has been very helpful from the very beginning. I cant wait to get my rifle. Thanks for your imput.

Levi

you will like what you see from nate's rigs, I took 5 deer from 315 to 725 with a 6X47 Lapua he built. What is the weight? I found that carrying a heavy gun isn't as bad as I anticipated mine weighs 17lbs. I also live in a flat state though.

According to Nate, he thought that it would weigh around 12-13 lbs. Which is not too bad, I have carried a rifle that weighs about the same for quite sometime all over the central Idaho mountains. Does anyone have any insight on powders for the 168 Berger?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.