7wsm

ronnie1972

what would everyone recommend as far as the best brass to use for reloading 7wsm?
i am leaning towards winchester for the price or should i buy the lapua?
what types of primers are u using
powder i think i will be using h4831sc
160accubonds

and opinions i would like to hear what yall think about this combo

I am also curious as I have a 7wsm barrel on its way. I have h4831sc from my 300wsm so I will likely be trying that and also some reloader25. I am hoping to use 180bergers or SMKs.

I have been using winchester brass. I'm running my pistol pretty hot and its holding up great. I weighed the origional bag and they seem to be pretty consistent. I'm only using a 17.5" barrel so my loads probably won't apply. I have used the 168 smk for a few years and when launched around 2800fps its killed everything I've shot at from 30 to 460 yards. This year I'm planning to use the 162 amax and reach a little bit further :)

I have both a 32" barrel F-Class rifle and a 21" barrel "Pistol". I am using 180gr Berger VLD and RL25 with Federal 215M primers in the rifle, and I am using both 180gr JLK and 175gr SMK with 4831SC and CCI BR2 primers in the pistol. Both chambers cut with the same tight neck reamer. Getting excellent results with both.

Dave

what would everyone recommend as far as the best brass to use for reloading 7wsm?
i am leaning towards winchester for the price or should i buy the lapua?
what types of primers are u using
powder i think i will be using h4831sc
160accubonds

and opinions i would like to hear what yall think about this combo

Lapua doesn't make wsm brass.

The best brass to use is Norma brass, but they only make 270 and 300wsm brass. I use 300wsm necked down to 7mm with a false shoulder. Then fireform it out to the 7mmWSM.

I am rebarelling my 300wsn to a 7wsm. I have 45 pieces of twice fired annealed federal brass. Which is garbage BTW. Can I simply run it in a 7wsm die and use it or should I sell it along with the 300wsm dies and start fresh with Norma brass?

What powder are you using?

I have been using winchester brass. I'm running my pistol pretty hot and its holding up great. I weighed the origional bag and they seem to be pretty consistent. I'm only using a 17.5" barrel so my loads probably won't apply. I have used the 168 smk for a few years and when launched around 2800fps its killed everything I've shot at from 30 to 460 yards. This year I'm planning to use the 162 amax and reach a little bit further :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.