new 338 lapua owner, Need starting load data?

phildo6000

I just put together a cz-550mag .416 action with an Loather Walther 28" bull barrel and had a Mcmillian A-4 stock fitted to the action. I need load data to start streaching this girl's legs. It has an 1-10 twist and I was wanting to run Sierra's 300 gr bthp. I have rl 25, rl 22, and n165. I am want to run her out to 1500 yds. any sugestions?

[ QUOTE ]
I just put together a cz-550mag .416 action with an Loather Walther 28" bull barrel and had a Mcmillian A-4 stock fitted to the action. I need load data to start streaching this girl's legs. It has an 1-10 twist and I was wanting to run Sierra's 300 gr bthp. I have rl 25, rl 22, and n165. I am want to run her out to 1500 yds. any sugestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may not help you, but I shoot 102.0gr RL25 w/ a Nosler 225gr Accubond. I get 3240fps with <7fps deviation and they easily shoot under.2". My rifle is a Hall Express with a McMillan Mchale style stock with the obligatory Arnold P. Jewell trigger.

James

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply and info, I will try that load for some lone range pig hunting.
Phil

[/ QUOTE ] What makes the grass grow, Blood, Blood, Blood, I make the blood flow! MCLMM!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="red"> </font>

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.