New .338 cal 300 grain Nosler Accubond Long Range

I hunted a 340 for about 25 years straight,killed alot of elk,and other game with 225 partions,out to 850yrd.Last 9 years been using 338 NM w/300 pill and what a hammer is all I can say.

"Yes, a 225 or 250 will kill anything in North America, but a 300 will do it with less wind drift, more energy and more impact velocity at extended ranges."

I believe you should have said "VERY extended ranges", run the numbers at actual hunting distances, say 1200 yards and less. You'll see why they still make the lighter .338's, they are quite a bit faster and quite a bit flatter, with only minimal wind difference at all but the farthest ranges, where most guns can't shoot tight enough groups to hit at even in theory. And the difference in recoil is very noticeable.

With all that said, I would say take a hard look at the 265 before you jump to the 300's, just my opinion.

Nosler also mention they have coming in 2019 the 300 gr RDF and 250 gr E-Tip in 338 cal

along with a 260 gr E-Tip in 375 cal

IF we actually see them in 2019 is another question

IMG_9616.jpg

Talking with a Nosler rep today, he stated that the 300 Grain ABLR is scheduled to begin production for the public by the end of July, and he said it is usually 3 weeks after that when they start shipping out to different places such as midway, brownells, cabelas, etc. So if that is the case, we should start seeing them on shelves and for sale around the end of August/beginning of September or so. That takes them out for me likely, we start shooting critters in the middle of August and don't stop until about the first of the year. I don't plan on wasting time doing load developement in the middle of season.....maybe next year.

Also, they still would not disclose a B.C. number.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.