300 Grain Nosler Accubond

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Firecat, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Firecat

Firecat Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is old news. But I thought that I would pass it along anyways.

Nosler has a new 300 grain .338 Accubond. BC is an advertised .720. Very Impressive. I think that this would make a great long range elk round.

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Accubond.aspx

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I'm looking good to trying them also.

I'd be in hawg heaven if they would come out with a 375 350 offering!!! big time.

3. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

You are right! It should be a good elk round. If they are like all other AB's, I would aim for mass (shoulder) to make sure you get expansion at lower velocities. That is one of the good things about a .338 though, you don't need as much expansion as with a smaller caliber:D.......Rich

4. tobehunted

tobehunted Well-Known Member

Ive been looking all over for any info on them , and cant find anything on them. Anyone find any anywhere ? I got a friend that has a 338 RUM and wants to give them a try.

5. edge

edge Well-Known Member

IIRC April or May they should be out.

edge.

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

When/if it gets to the market it should make a good close quarters bear load as well.

7. 338 bruce

338 bruce Well-Known Member

I started a thread on noslers sight about a .375 heavy bullet and the only responses I got were all against it.

8. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Not many forward thinkers over there.....

9. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

Not too many .375 Chey Tac shooters on the Nosler site.

They most likely use the smaller cartridges in .375 and use them on deer at close range, so no real need for a big, high BC bullet in this calibre.
    Ask the same question here and you get a different result.

There is only a small long range market in .375 calibre. Nosler has played the numbers game and cater to the group who will buy the most bullets.

I would not be surprised if this new 300gn Nosler Accubond has a lower BC than expected and is designed more for the close range big game crowd.